Just picked up 94 SR

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

What bores u got in those piks?
1998 honda elite S (purple)
Stroked out to 120cc
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:What bores u got in those piks?
stock and super stock :lol:

for now i believe lol
projects galore :nerd:
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

:D The one you get a good view of is stock sa50. The other 2 you can't see very good are se50 .25 over and se50 46mm. I want to use the 46mm on the se50 but then the wife would be faster :oops: . After i get 72cc for sa50 i just might use the 46mm on the se50!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

lol....whoahhhh...I'd put the 46 on hers so she could get used to the speed..mean while just port your cylinder and get a highspeed front pully and you will be good.
1998 honda elite S (purple)
Stroked out to 120cc
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

LOL, i just might do that :D
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Got the parts back from hot tank, *!!! The shop that did it is well known for doing a great job! Now i have to re-do. Enjoy the pics :x

Not even the cocoon came off the head!!!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Go back and complain.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Yeah, I could have done better with brake cleaner!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Wheelman-111

DIsappointing Results

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

You signed up for a dip in their tank. They obliged. You got what you paid for. There's nothing to complain about. If you had just scraped some of the gasket material and insect abodes off before you sent the parts, you would have had a better outcome. Live. Learn.

Organic materials and some adhesives are insoluble in hydrocarbons. Gasket material, glue and coccoons won't magically vanish. It looks to me like the parts are pretty well de-greased. I'd kill to work with them instead of mine.

Unfortunately there is Real Work involved in getting nasty old engine parts looking like new. Handing them over to a Fairy Godtanker isn't a substitute. I'm sorry you were disappointed, but the tank job gave you a Big head start. Now break out the scrapers, brass brushes, gasket remover and have fun. :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

You signed up for a dip in their tank. They obliged. You got what you paid for. There's nothing to complain about. If you had just scraped some of the gasket material and insect abodes off before you sent the parts, you would have had a better outcome. Live. Learn.
WHOA WHOA WHOA...I would have cleaned myself but the shop has a great reputation so i went in for a quote. and yes there is something to complain about, i asked if i should remove gasket material or if i could do anything to help out to make it easier for him. He said straight up "nah, the tank will take all the gaskets off, and the cases will look new like this spot (pointed to inside crankcase area), but with the cast iron heads, they will most likely still have some rust on them." Not being a *, but i didn't get results he said i'd get. If he said nothing and just hot tanked i would have nothing to complain about. Live and learn to trust no one!!!!!!!!! Well, trust a few people i guess.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

And since i'm still irritated by you saying i have nothing to complain about. What about the start of this thread, look at the first post and picture. Read the description seller wrote, and tell me i had nothing to complain about that either! He dropped price but i still had to drive 108 miles before seeing the damage and hearing it run like s***. The pictures he took of it were at angles where body damage couldn't be seen or from more of a distance so it wasn't noticable. But anyways, how was your New Year? Good i hope!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

brake cleaner take grease out very fast! :wink:
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

evilone wrote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA...I would have cleaned myself but the shop has a great reputation so i went in for a quote. and yes there is something to complain about, i asked if i should remove gasket material or if i could do anything to help out to make it easier for him. He said straight up "nah, the tank will take all the gaskets off, and the cases will look new like this spot (pointed to inside crankcase area), but with the cast iron heads, they will most likely still have some rust on them." Not being a *, but i didn't get results he said i'd get. If he said nothing and just hot tanked i would have nothing to complain about. Live and learn to trust no one!!!!!!!!! Well, trust a few people i guess.
So when you picked your parts up from him, what did he say to you when you told him you were not happy with the way the parts came out?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Well, i took them to him in a closed box. I took his word about how clean he claimed they'd come out. So when i picked the parts up they were in the same box and i didn't see results till i got home. I did try cleaning with some powerful cleaner that recommends wearing gloves with no good result. So, i kinda don't blame the guy...but don't tell me to leave gaskets on since they will come off in cleaning and parts will look new. Oh well, Brake cleaner next time!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Wow dude that totally blows, I would certainly complain man, looks like a crappy job to me.

How much did you buy your SR for btw? I dropped my seller's original $350 price pretty steep, especially once I saw the bike in person, but he was straight up about everything and I can't complain about a dio for $120 heh but curious as to what you paid.

Back when my Red SR's case was filthy (but mostly grease and grime, not rust) I cleaned it up using a parts washer at our shop like this one once cases where split and everything with great results! Lots of brake cleaner would be similar I suppose, find a shop that would let you "borrow" the use of a parts cleaner like that and you'd be set.

projects galore :nerd: