New found top speed.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

New found top speed.

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Don't ask how this happened but... I was riding home from work last night and for some reason my engine just wound up HARD and my SPEEDO said 35, but I've determined it's about 4MPH off because of the oversize tires.

So that makes 39. I have done no mods yet. Looking into getting the pulley, was gonna do so this week but I want to get the pulley and gears at the same time.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
dwsracing
Goped
Goped

Post by dwsracing »

They always run faster right before they blow to * lol
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

When a 2 stroke engine runs lean it runs amazing until about half of the piston blows out the exhaust, on a 4 stroke substitute exhaust valve and seat for piston.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I mean, stock elite does 35mph and you got it swapped on a lighter frame, sounds like should be capable of 40mph just with that :)
projects galore :nerd:
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I don't really know. It's been running good since I've got all the bugs worked out. It just sputters and smokes REALLY bad when I start it cold. I think I have a faulty oil pump since it keeps leaving spots on the ground.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)