Carberator Float Question

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

87SpreeInGA
Noob
Noob

Carberator Float Question

Post by 87SpreeInGA »

How can you tell if it is time to replace the float valve on a '87 Spree? My Spree runs, however, when I take it off the center stand or lean it to the left, it wants to cut off. I have cleaned the carburetor and flushed it with seafoam, changed air filter, changed the spark plug and adjusted the throttle and air screws per the service manual.

It this the float and float valve causing this issue?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Probably could use a float and needle.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

shake the float, feel any fuel inside and its shot, fuel valves either stick or are lose, a needle valve will wear and unless you have another one to match it will blow your mind....
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
87SpreeInGA
Noob
Noob

Post by 87SpreeInGA »

Thanks for the input. I will inspect them closely again.
Wheelman-111

Minty-Fresh Carbs

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

MadDog is correct. Believe me you can't tell a bad float needle from a good one by looking, unless it's through the unopened plastic wrapper from Honda-san. Buy a new one. Polish the seat with a partially-stripped Q-Tip and some polishing compound - I used Colgate.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH