SCOOTER STOLEN IN SAGINAW

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

SCOOTER STOLEN IN SAGINAW

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Pictured in the middle. Guy asked to test drive it at the gas station and offered $600, I thought it might be too good to be true and was. He rode off on it so if it's seen, call 989-525-1712. I will offer a reward of some kind. And I will gladly thank you for recovering it in one piece. If you see this scoot, it has a noiceable bent rear wheel and a semi lug nut on the rear shaft holding the wheel. I urge you to hit it if it's seen moving, damage is okay parts are replaceable, the scoot is not.

HELP!
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Sorry to hear about your having to deal with thieving bastards.

I've sold quite a few scoots on CL, and I've always asked to hold their car keys or license when they go for a test ride.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Yeah. This guy just kinda caught me by surprise. I'm furious to the point that if I come face to face with him this * is going to learn what the south was all about in the first place. He's going to be hanging in the tree in my front yard and I'm going to call in the Mexican's and yell FREE PINATA! lol...
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

That sux!

I saw the first pic and thought, "not the aero, I really hope it wasn't the aero." Lo and behold it was, totally lame.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

sanjuro wrote:Sorry to hear about your having to deal with thieving bastards.
Me too.

In the old west, horse thieves were shot. Today thieves are given a key to the revolving door in the jail cell.

Typical judge:

"Poor Mr Thief! You've only been convicted of grand larceny - oh - 27 times! So here! Pass 'Go' and collect your 200 dollars!" :cry:

Anyway, I hope you get your bike back. Don't worry about the thief. Sooner or later something untoward will occur, and I wouldn't wanna be him when it does. :shock:

CaptDan>
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

"Sooner or later something untoward will occur"

With that bent rear rim, probably sooner if he keeps riding it...not thats it much consolation.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

It's gonna turn up. The same 3 guys that took it were spotted back at the gas station an hour later in a Olds Alero, I followed them to Grout street in Saginaw Township. So, if you get on here, keep an eye out for my Aero DW, it's right up your alley.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I hope I get it back because now after riding my 87 elite, I realized why I stopped. I hated it, it's slow and getting slower because the rings are fried.

Vibrates like * *, I can't take it!
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

I'll donate a used Dio cylinder head/piston assembly if that will help.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Man if it's got good rings you have no clue how much I'd really appreciate it. My motor is from a 94, the AF16 block if it makes any diff. Send me a pic ASAP and if this sounds as good as I think it does I'll toss ya 5 bucks to help with shipping it.
mic
Noob
Noob

Post by mic »

Try questioning your freind that was going to sell you the stolen 99 elite with the dio in it a few months back. Looks like what goes around, come around. Maybe you will have a chance to buy back your stolen Aero?

"""UNLESS... Cal me crazy, but I'm waiting for a phone call back. My friend up town knows someone with a stolen 99 Elite S, I can get this for $100. It's perfect, tire to grip. Is the Dio hard to transplant where the SE50 was? If I can do the Dio just as easy, I'm going to get this motor instead.""
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

He's long since left town. He lives in Gladwin with his dad now. I'm thinking more like this, going to have a look tomorrow:

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/mcy/1166135473.html

There's a few distinct markings that will give it away - like, semi stripped threads on rear axle from me cross threading a semi lug nut on it with a 4 foot cheater bar, the pipe i got from Scooterwerx had the header welded back together, crack in front fender, key switch takes any key, etc.

I'll know once I test ride it. Mine had this sinister vibration between 30 and 35 and went away right after.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Come to think of it, I highly doubt they'll get that nut off. it took two people to stand on the tire to keep it fron rotating while I ratcheted the nut down walking back and forth. It took us the better part of 5-7 minutes.
kaaos82
Goped
Goped

Post by kaaos82 »

this is a nightmare dude....keep us updated please!!!!
You Laugh Cuz Its Small Girl, I Laugh Cuz It's BIG...on GAS MILEAGE!
1985 Black Honda Spree - Running Great, need to clean air filter and muffler :-)
groovy
BMX
BMX

Post by groovy »

Be sure to check the VIN......THAT will be your LEGAL proof.