Kalamazoo Spree owner...intro thread.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Garretts_turbo
Noob
Noob

Kalamazoo Spree owner...intro thread.

Post by Garretts_turbo »

hello from kalamazoo, mi.
i'm hoping this is the place to make an intro thread. if i'm wrong feel free to move it.
i bought a Spree a few weeks ago as a project. previous owner claims the cylinder is .25 over and theres a larger back wheel than normal for a higher top speed.
As i have no performance backmarker i cant verify any of this but i'm sure someone here can correct any problems haha.
here's the beast;

i'll be lurking and gleaning knowledge to address the problems it currently has (speedometer is not working). also, is there a way to turn the headlight off when unnecessary?
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

For the headlights, no you can't turn them off. for the reason (I believe) that when you have no battery, you can still have a headlight at night.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

nice lookin spree, too bad its missin kickstart assembly
projects galore :nerd:
dreamer1uk
BMX
BMX

Post by dreamer1uk »

Hi.

No on the headlight unfortuantley. As for the Speedometer, you could pull the front hub and make sure speed gear ect is all there as well as checking the speedo cable.

Did you try trouble shooting via the owners manual?

Hope this helps.
Garretts_turbo
Noob
Noob

Post by Garretts_turbo »

i havent tried the manual yet; work and all of life's other obligations have been in the way of me fiddling with it too much, although i was able to figure out how to get it running again from some lurking on here haha.
If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?