Honda Spree performance exhausts?!?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

burnt_toast wrote:go learn about 2strokes first if question expansion chamber pipes, then come back and share the knowledge
This is not a problem with me, just trying to learn, and the illustration did the trick. Personally, until I've learned more, I believe in sticking with what is stock, especially something that involves the flow in and out of the engine. This is my first experience with 2 strokers. They are different and that is what I want to learn with my stupid questions.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

lots of material discussed here in technical documents as well as 2strokes in general online, good stuff to brush up on
projects galore :nerd:
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I've been on these forums for over a year and am still asking questions like "what does a boost port do". That illustration clears that question up for me :). I can do anything with a car but 2-strokes are another story, for now!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

I vote that animation, or this topic be stickied. i've seen numerous people ask about custom pipes and what not.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Okay, what's a boost port? I don't know either. :(

The direction this thread is going raises an issue of a need for a glossary for us amatuer/newbies. I'm thinking of starting a thread that could become a sticky.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

toboggan wrote:Care.. to.. ehm.. elaborate? lol
A engine(2 or 4 storke) with no pipe runs really lean, gotta richen it up. Maybe on Tuesday if I'm not sick I will make a vid of some stuff running pipe less.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

oh, alright, that sounds great. thanks!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:A engine(2 or 4 storke) with no pipe runs really lean, gotta richen it up.
EH?! Four stroke has valves and 4 strokes isolating intake and exhaust, which totally changes the dynamic of the physics. Agreed, tuned exhaust increase horsepower, but that's another matter. Born/raised Texan, but been in Missery long enough take on "Show Me" ways. If you're going to do a video, do one on the 4 stoke too. Inquiring minds wanna know.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

4-strokes without a pipe, or an open pipe, will run lean too.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Lunytune wrote:
Kenny_McCormic wrote:A engine(2 or 4 storke) with no pipe runs really lean, gotta richen it up.
EH?! Four stroke has valves and 4 strokes isolating intake and exhaust, which totally changes the dynamic of the physics. Agreed, tuned exhaust increase horsepower, but that's another matter. Born/raised Texan, but been in Missery long enough take on "Show Me" ways. If you're going to do a video, do one on the 4 stoke too. Inquiring minds wanna know.
Dont have one to run, but I gurrantee you can run a 4 stroke with the exhaust simply pouring out of the block, just gotta rejet so it doesn't run lean and burn a valve(which is why people say you cant, and some say it wont run).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

that aftermarket pipe looks cool on ebay but what will it improve? i see that you cant get more than 34 out of your ported and updated spree. hmmmm i can get 32 out of my stock one......makes me think that all that expence is not worth it????
what do you think? unless it sounds and looks cool
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Re: Honda Spree performance exhausts?!?

Post by Fishman43 »

Bump to keep this thread going. You are writing, I am learning.