The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

fiffle
Noob
Noob

Post by fiffle »

dug my old 95 elite SR50 I paid cash for from my summer job in highschool @ 15 years old (new)
along came 16, a car, and a girlfriend and there she sat in the parents garage ever since
819 original miles..a few scratches

debating on exactly what I want to do and how much I want to spend

Bought a new boat and planning to sell my m3 and swift gt(weird combo eh?) buy a truck to pull it and ride the scooter every day (3 miles to work)

anyhow, I'll be browsing the forums for info and what not..hope to have some pics of the old gal up soon
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Re: New member

Post by Videonut »

ok i have done this tons on 4 stroke

first take tank off and dump out any old gas, i use carb cleaner in the spray bottle. take out petcock and replace (about $12 on ebay) spray out tank all old gas and varnish (i have used a handfull of small bolts and nuts to raddle around in there to loosen junk. Then remove carb take apart and drop in a carb cleaner dunk tank (looks like a paint can get it at Napa or autoparts store) take off wheels and check breaks for rust, put everything back together add gas and new 2 stroke oil (clean that tank out too same way) get new battery and she will run great!!!! I BET IT WILL ONLY COST ABOUT $80.

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

Videonut wrote:(i have used a handfull of small bolts and nuts to raddle around in there to loosen junk.
When messing with gas and gas tanks, I use glass beads or something similar (like the ones that you would put in the bottom of a goldfish bowl) just to avoid the possible metal bolts sparking and igniting some leftover gasoline or something like that. Even round beads work great, it takes some practice to get them out, I'll admit, because you cant use a magnet to fish them out.

Just a safety thing.
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

you must be shaking pretty hard to be making sparks...
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

In a sealed or close to sealed tank with gasoline in it thee is not enough oxygen to support fire.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

* yeah dude, now thats a nice find to dig up

keep the scoot for sure, elites just kick major * on all levels and are BETTER than any scooter out there! bar none :mrgreen:

3mi commute is just PERFECT for scootin

best mod route I'd recommend to start and really enjoy it more:
performance variator (keli, oko, similar..)
9:1 ratio gears

you'll be cruisin 45mph and getting awesome gas mileage, dialed in my black SR to get 65mpg solid with just a variator upgrade, should do 70+ with the gears ;)

pics pics pics!
projects galore :nerd: