How to make Honda mirrors on the CHEAP-check this out

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

gspreesea
BMX
BMX

How to make Honda mirrors on the CHEAP-check this out

Post by gspreesea »

I bought a spree w/o mirrors and got to thinking, I could go the ebay route, but decided to try and make some.

1. Go to auto parts store, buy some medium size stick on round plastic mirrors ($2)
2. Go to Home Depot to the hardware section, get some (3/8th in. size I think)screw in hooks that are about 10 inches long($1.15).
Put a slight bend in them how you want them to "aim". Pick up a small double bubble packet of epoxy, you only need a little($.50)
Test them out before you epoxy them to the hooks for the right angle of the bend you made previously.
Now take off the sticky back foam off the round mirrors, and epoxy them onto the hooks. Let it set for about 10 minutes.
Take some heat shrink that will fit over the threads on the hook and shrink it down, They make several colors, I used black for my spree. The heatshrink will give your new 5 dollar mirrors a more "factory" look.
Screw into scooter handle, then use the nut that comes with the hooks as a sort of "lock nut" to hold them to the handlebars.
You just saved about 10 bucks and had fun doing it!
Last edited by gspreesea on Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: How to make Honda mirrors on the CHEAP-check this out

Post by bradthreee »

Post pics amigo!
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Re: How to make Honda mirrors on the CHEAP-check this out

Post by GIJoeBob »

bradthreee wrote:Post pics amigo!