Most amount of miles you drove on your moped in a day?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

elited
BMX
BMX

Most amount of miles you drove on your moped in a day?

Post by elited »

Well when I went out on a cruise the odometer said 3530 when I got back it was 3582, so about 50 + miles or so today. Just curious to see what some other reply's are. And it only cost me less than 2 dollars in gas :D
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Most amount of miles you drove on your moped in a day?

Post by veedubh20 »

120miles :lol:
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

137 miles on elite e. but this was not one trip, just one day
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

1,124 miles. 18 hours. Does it count if I was on my old Yamaha 750 triple?

Flash has never gone more than 50 on a commute + errands day. But it was more fun!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

Has anyone taken a good sized road trip on a 50? I would be curious to hear the story.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

I just read about a fellow about to embark on SanFran to Alaska Arctic Circle on a Metropolitan. There's a whole thread about his preperation and plans at Adventure rider or somethin' like that. Grizzlies can run over 30mph! I hope he knows that. :shock: :lol:
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

akskoot wrote:I just read about a fellow about to embark on SanFran to Alaska Arctic Circle on a Metropolitan. There's a whole thread about his preperation and plans at Adventure rider or somethin' like that. Grizzlies can run over 30mph! I hope he knows that. :shock: :lol:
Some motorcycle magazine writer did that a long time ago (80's I think) on a 70's vespa. they republished his article a couple years ago when he died.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

Here it is. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475119 Check out his clean, camo Metropolitan. I should be able to spot him if he comes through Anchorage. :)
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I blew mine up in the process of delivering an engine to get my good friend Preston back on the road, so I went from Bridgeport, MI to Midland, MI and made it 7/8 of the way back.

that was the pain, sold him the motor from the spare bike I never rode and mine quit on the way back...
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Looks like candidates for the "Iron Butt" award. :shock:

My best is maybe 75 miles in a day, 35 miles at a stretch. I've put on 100 miles on the Helix but that's a whole nuther story, almost like a cycle. :|
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

well, im sure i have done more then this, but off the top of my head i would have to say, at the kalamazoo moped army rally, i put over 100 miles on a 30mph moped all in one shoot.

before-
after-

The Bike-

It was during a group ride too, and i was a hair slower then the rest of the group, So i had to tuck down the entire time. d*** that ride seemed never ending. :lol:
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

YEP, 109 miles on a Moped. Dac wins the Iron Butt Award. I don't think any scoot ride could compare to that many miles on a Moped.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

i know i've put on about that, went 367 miles in three days, all we did all weekend was ride around manistee and onekema after my friend's spree got put together, the weekend before 4th of july. his then died a horrible death as it was fllying down a huge hill w/ 2 people, spat the rings and part of the piston out. :( time to get a big bore kit... as soon as the $$ gets yanked from my friend's hand, after i convince him that's EXACTLY what he needs :twisted: then on the 4th, my ped acted as community ped, for all of my friends who didn't want to give up prime parking by the beach for the fair n' fireworks. and that's when someone went to jail on my spree. one of my friends saw it, thought it was me, i had to rescue my ped from getting impounded. turns out he had a suspended licence. after the combined week of riding(me and 6 other people) put 720 miles in the week. now it won't start :evil: my goal is 2000 miles this summer. time to wrench. :(
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

Spreetard wrote:i know i've put on about that, went 367 miles in three days, all we did all weekend was ride around manistee and onekema after my friend's spree got put together, the weekend before 4th of july.
How many tanks of gas was that? 5.. 6?
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
elited
BMX
BMX

Post by elited »

Some real good reply's in this thread, so I probally put about 200 miles on my moped this week alone, I better slow down on doing that or im going to be needing to change a tire or two :twisted:, I got around 3,700 miles on my moped so far, id like to think that my moped will last forever, yea I know nothing lasts forever, but reading some of these reply's in this thread and after reading an ad on craigslist (this sellers moped has 7,000 miles on their moped :shock: ) makes me think I got a few thousand more miles and more to put on this bad boy :lol:

Should of also added a second question while making this thread, how many miles does your moped(s) have on it?