just brought her home

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

just brought her home

Post by turtle13 »

I just brought this scoot home, early 60's honda c102. bought it for my better half, but i have a feeling that she wont like the manual shift. kinda rough, but a good starting point, body is pretty straight except the plastic. on the metal, nothing a hammer and dolly cant fix. seller said that the engine is locked up, so me and some pb blaster may have a date in the future.
does anyone know of a good place for parts for this guy, like a big bore kit, you know incase i have to replace it anyways...
needs a kick start lever first off as it is broken off.
as well does anybody know of any good mods for this scoot/moped?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Re: just brought her home

Post by oliveskate »

Man for $100 i think you can't go wrong. It look's BA. Once it's all fixed that thing is gonna be awesome!
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
Need a website made? PM me!
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

yeah, i am kinda hoping that she doesn't like the manual shift... i definitely have plans for this scoot. i basically have to order all new plastic, but once i get her running i will worry about that.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Post by oliveskate »

turtle13 wrote:yeah, i am kinda hoping that she doesn't like the manual shift... i definitely have plans for this scoot. i basically have to order all new plastic, but once i get her running i will worry about that.
Yea, might be hard to find the plastics though :S
Good luck!
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

oliveskate wrote:Yea, might be hard to find the plastics though :S
Good luck!
come to find out it is easier to find the plastics for this scoot than my aero 50 which is 20+ years newer... go figure. i just have to import the pieces from Taiwan. there are a lot of them, the shipping just sucks. so i am focusing on getting the engine going. for all of the parts that are still available, the manual is proving kinda hard to find.
'62 125cc Honda cub
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Post by oliveskate »

turtle13 wrote:
Good luck!
come to find out it is easier to find the plastics for this scoot than my aero 50 which is 20+ years newer... go figure. i just have to import the pieces from Taiwan. there are a lot of them, the shipping just sucks. so i am focusing on getting the engine going. for all of the parts that are still available, the manual is proving kinda hard to find.
WOW Really? I'm surprised. I'd get it the engine fixed up, and make her REAL fast. Then drive by other scooters and cars and just make them be like HOLY s*** THAT'S FAST. lol. I love just zooming by cars and big lifted trucks. hehe
Good luck trying to find a manual, That's gonna be a b**** to find. Try ebay perhaps or google it. Good luck, post a lot of pictures!!! I'm stocked to see how this is going to look!
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
Wheelman-111

World's Best-Selliing Vehicle

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Be advised that you now own an example of the largest-selling vehicle in history. Wish I had the stats handy, but from the early 60s to today - even as resurrected by the SYM scooter company as the SYMba 110 - no car or bike has sold more copies. You can probably swap in all manner of 150cc blocks, but maybe make this one a totally-stock restoration?

Otherwise, (here it comes...)

Dude! Swap in a Dio!!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: World's Best-Selliing Vehicle

Post by turtle13 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Be advised that you now own an example of the largest-selling vehicle in history.
from what all my searches for parts have provided me info with, these must be issued at birth in taiwan. i swear every one there must ride a honda cub/super cub or passport. parts seem super cheep and plentiful, as long as you want to ship them from taiwan. body parts at least, i am still tracking down a bore kit though... its almost looking like its a "you can have whatever size bore you want, as long as you bore it out of a stock jug" situation. however i kinda wish i could just order an entire kit.
'62 125cc Honda cub
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Nice find. I'd like one of those :mrgreen:

Production is over 60 million. Gas mileage is super high
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =honda+cub
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

turtle13 wrote:
Good luck!
yes, the benefit of a scooter still being made :wink:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Post by oliveskate »

I hope your not going to do this once it's fixed.
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I suppose if you can't ride a Hog... :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

so i finally got a chance to do a little work on the cub today. pulled the engine out, sprayed some wd40 in the intake valve, and cranked it over with a socket... i am tempted to just try to put it back together and see how it runs as is...
one thing i noticed though, i can not put the bike in gear. since this bike uses a centerfugal clutch for the auto clutch, could it be that it is just not spinning fast enough to get it to engage?
i see alot of rewiring in my future too... alot of the harness is fine. and then there is the rest of it... where people have "improvised" for not having a key...
if anybody on here knows a little about these bikes, you could be my new personal hero.
'62 125cc Honda cub
jesse8931
Spree
Spree

Post by jesse8931 »

turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

actually if the lady doesn't like the scoot i planned on this or a 150... but im sure not going to give her the bigger engine :mrgreen:
this bike will probably be my excuse to buy a welder this winter. i am thinking of extending the swing arm about 6 inches and the main tube about 3-6 to accommodate a person of taller proportions. ok so i am not that tall (6 foot). but it would be a better stance for me at least and one * of a bad * look. if i do this i may just stretch the aero a bit too... :twisted:
but nothing like that will happen until my better half decides she doesn't like it unfortunately.
'62 125cc Honda cub