HOLY CRAP!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

oliveskate
Spree
Spree

HOLY CRAP!

Post by oliveskate »

Well not holy crap. But it's rare to see anything besides trucks were I live. In my town it's like, let's see who has the smallest * and biggest truck.

But I've been seeing some Honda scooters recently.

Saw a SE50, just like mine. Green and white. I've never seen that color scheme before.
Then today I saw a really nice black and grey honda dio.

Then I also saw a ruckus, and 2 yamaha scooters of some type following each other. Looked like husband and wife with little kid's on the back. Pretty cold too see.
More in more people are starting to drive scooters and honda one's also! Which are awesome to see.

Anybody rarely see scooters like me also? lol
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
Need a website made? PM me!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: HOLY CRAP!

Post by Dac »

Well a few years back when i got my first scooter everybody in my small redneck town looked down on them for being '*' (because they are not as manly as a lifted 4 wheel drive muddin' truck).

Took me about a year and slowly they started to check on, First a few of my friends got scooters, then a few more. More and more people started to realize how even tho they scream 'uncool' they are amazing on gas and fun as * to ride. It started to get to the point everytime i went somewhere people where asking me about it. Asking me how much they cost, where to buy them, what kinda mileage they get, and other general info.

Now they are being super common even in my small redneck town. Everybody from 15 year olds to 50+ year olds are getting in on the scooter action. A few people are even getting in on the scooter tuning scene. As well as some old school moped tuning. :twisted:

Bottom line, Be nice to people and show them how cool scooters can be. Without even knowing it, you can start a small community.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

I live in lees summit, which is a larger town, but it has only been within the last year that i have started to see the scooter population grow. The two that i always see are an old guy on a honda aero and the other is a girl on a vino.
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Post by oliveskate »

CHEVY-212010 wrote:I live in lees summit, which is a larger town, but it has only been within the last year that i have started to see the scooter population grow. The two that i always see are an old guy on a honda aero and the other is a girl on a vino.
Yes, once the weather get's better, you start on seeing more and more scooters and motorcycles around. Always great to see!
Dac wrote:Well a few years back when i got my first scooter everybody in my small redneck town looked down on them for being '*' (because they are not as manly as a lifted 4 wheel drive muddin' truck).

Took me about a year and slowly they started to check on, First a few of my friends got scooters, then a few more. More and more people started to realize how even tho they scream 'uncool' they are amazing on gas and fun as * to ride. It started to get to the point everytime i went somewhere people where asking me about it. Asking me how much they cost, where to buy them, what kinda mileage they get, and other general info.

Now they are being super common even in my small redneck town. Everybody from 15 year olds to 50+ year olds are getting in on the scooter action. A few people are even getting in on the scooter tuning scene. As well as some old school moped tuning. :twisted:

Bottom line, Be nice to people and show them how cool scooters can be. Without even knowing it, you can start a small community.

Hahaha, this reminds me of what people said when I got mine.
I remember the first day I had my scooter and my friend's asked me to go do something. So I drove over to where they were, and they were laughing at me cause I was riding this little scooter. But then they asked me to drive it, and they were like this is * awesome. LOL.
I've let like 10-15 people drive it, and most of them want to buy one, or buy mine off me. lol.
Some other friends now want to buy motorcycles.

But hey, I love driving my scooter and a lot more people are seeing how it's so fun to ride, and how amazingly cheap it's on gas. $2 - $2.50 on gas. * that's awesome! When I go to a gas station or somewhere people are asking me also, hey how's the mileage on it, how fast can that go? And there surprised on how cheap gas it. Better then a big f350. hehe
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

when i bought mine,NOBODY thought it was cool in my town.
now, everywhere i go, people try to buy it out from under me. :mrgreen: every time, i say NO!!!!!
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

It seems the truth for me is that after buying a scoot I am more aware of anything with two wheels.
Sure it seems like everyone buying scooters all the sudden, but realistically i am just more aware of them.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
oliveskate
Spree
Spree

Post by oliveskate »

Spreetard wrote:when i bought mine,NOBODY thought it was cool in my town.
now, everywhere i go, people try to buy it out from under me. :mrgreen: every time, i say NO!!!!!

Hahaha kinda the same with me, I've got some offers :P
JLLY.
89 SE50 A.K.A THE BEAST
jesse1234
Spree
Spree

Post by jesse1234 »

haha it's the opposite for me.

I literally cannot drive for 30 seconds on the road without seeing a scooter here in Gainesville. It's a College town so there are thousands of scoots everywhere
Purple '99 Elite SR
Red '01 Elite S

Scooter Sightings

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Despite nearby Kymco and a multitude of forgettably-named Chinese scooter dealers, a Scooter Sighting in Deepinnaharta, Texas is a rare thing indeed. Must be too danged hot for most people to leave the comfort of A/C. :roll:

On-road encounters limited to two (2) in recent memory. Both times a Ruckus. Two different Ruckii, actually. One appeared to be stock, the other with more noise than it could back up in performance terms. Speed-limiter stuck at 37 :cry: Two-strokes? Nary a one but Flash Scootertrash the Third.

The parking garage at work occasionally contains a retro-styled avocado-green 150 of Chinese provenance. Eeeeuuww. A black SilverWing that always parked by the door was recently replaced by a behemoth black GL1800. At first glance, other than scale they look almost the same to the untrained eye. Maybe the GL has the optional Air Conditioning package?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You don't need A/C on a bike, just go faster and let wind chill do its thing!

EDIT: On second thought most bikes today have enough power that the small loss from a smaller than automotive sized pump(auto sized pump draws 3-5 HP) would not be missed, the air could be ported directly into the riders gear.
Last edited by Kenny_McCormic on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:You don't need A/C on a bike, just go faster and let wind chill do its thing!
lol... they dont even know what wind chill is in the big TX ;)