stereo question for elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

OKC
Goped
Goped

Stereo question for Elite and bass question

Post by OKC »

I have a 99 Elite SA50 and I just installed some Eclipse Sp5000 speakers

speakers here :

http://seo.phimart.com/category/1/95/L1 ... 20SPEAKERS

I used a small Mitzu 300w amp mounted under the seat and installed the speakers under the steering column and have a 2way crossover switch to turn the amp on and off. My question is why am I not getting any bass. I dont have the crossovers connected to the speakers bc i thought those were only used if i had a sub connected to the system. I would think there should be more bass coming from these speakers, although i could be wrong.

How can i get more bass? I would put a small sub somewhere on the scooter, but i want to the keep the weight to a minimum and I already have the amp powered off the battery and im afraid another speaker would suck all the juice out of the battery.

Does anyone have any solutions that would allow me some bass with minimal weight added to the scooter and not require me to use another battery for more power?

Thanks in advance
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Stereo question for Elite and bass question

Post by Bear45-70 »

What has this got to do with scooter performance?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

well it has to do with my performance at least with my scooter. Which forum should it posted under?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

OKC wrote:well it has to do with my performance at least with my scooter. Which forum should it posted under?
Performance has to do with go fast, not just making noise to bother your neighbor. IMO speakers on a scooter without a windshield are inane. Earbuds or phones inside your helmet make more sense. General Discussion is where this should be.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

i will move it there, but riding with headphones is illegal and i know ppl who have scooters who have been pulled over for such offense. And i have no problem hearing the stereo at high speeds. Thanks for the input
OKC
Goped
Goped

stereo question for elite

Post by OKC »

I have a 99 Elite SA50 and I just installed some Eclipse Sp5000 speakers

speakers here :

http://seo.phimart.com/category/1/95/L1 ... 000%205.25\%22%202%20WAY%20SPEAKERS

I used a small Mitzu 300w amp mounted under the seat and installed the speakers under the steering column and have a 2way crossover switch to turn the amp on and off. My question is why am I not getting any bass. I dont have the crossovers connected to the speakers bc i thought those were only used if i had a sub connected to the system. I would think there should be more bass coming from these speakers, although i could be wrong.

How can i get more bass? I would put a small sub somewhere on the scooter, but i want to the keep the weight to a minimum and I already have the amp powered off the battery and im afraid another speaker would suck all the juice out of the battery.

Does anyone have any solutions that would allow me some bass with minimal weight added to the scooter and not require me to use another battery for more power?

Thanks in advance
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

OKC wrote:i will move it there, but riding with headphones is illegal and i know ppl who have scooters who have been pulled over for such offense. And i have no problem hearing the stereo at high speeds. Thanks for the input
In a car maybe, but on a scooter/motorcycle the ear pieces are inside the helmet. This is pretty much a standard procedure to have your radio, CB or AM/FM hooked up to so you can hear. At least that is how I did it back when I was still riding big bikes (pre-deer/motorcycle).

If you have no problem hearing your stereo at speed then it is probably to loud and you won't hear horns or other warning devices. You are wering a helmet when you ride?
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Re: stereo question for elite

Post by chevyguyjay »

just curious.....why a stereo on a scooter? u will need to install another battery. just the one battery u have now just wont have the amps to support both the electrical on the elite and the amp. u will fry the battery. ive herd of people hooking up two batteries, but im not sure how they did it. 8)
~2004 Geely Fashion~
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

OKC wrote:i will move it there, but riding with headphones is illegal and i know ppl who have scooters who have been pulled over for such offense. And i have no problem hearing the stereo at high speeds. Thanks for the input
don't use headphones or earbuds, just install actual speakers into your helmet. I did this to my fullface and it works great.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

i want my other friends i ride with to hear the music, thats why the stereo. And the battery is fine now with just the 2 front speakers powered by the amp connected to it. I am just looking for some bass to add to the stereo
jesse8931
Spree
Spree

Post by jesse8931 »

chevyguyjay wrote:just curious.....why a stereo on a scooter? u will need to install another battery. just the one battery u have now just wont have the amps to support both the electrical on the elite and the amp. u will fry the battery. ive herd of people hooking up two batteries, but im not sure how they did it. 8)
i have a radio and small amp in my kymco running of the standard battery and btw in mi if you are pulled over with head phones like earbuds you get a fine happened to me the cop told me put a radio in it if i want music so thats what i did
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

thanks for the advice, but no one has really answered my question about the bass or how to make the eclipse speakers i have sound better. Right now they sound a little trebblely. I just want some bass without having to add a ton of weight and with out using a larger battery. Or where to buy said bass boost product

Thanks
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

OKC wrote:thanks for the advice, but no one has really answered my question about the bass or how to make the eclipse speakers i have sound better. Right now they sound a little trebblely. I just want some bass without having to add a ton of weight and with out using a larger battery. Or where to buy said bass boost product
Thanks
Maybe you need to go to a sound system forum. Bear does make a good point... this is a scooter forum. Not the best place to get the answers you want.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

the reason for no bass is because you dont have the amprage to pull form your battery, it takes alot of juice to produce that kind of sound, this is why these kind of stereos are for cars and trucks not motorcycles and scooters. even with the amplifier on it you small altenator on the scooter will not produce the amperage nor the voltage required to reproduce bass. i agree with everyone else on here if you want music the get a helmet with apeakers or put some in one yourself. it will make you and your scooter happy.!!

you can put 2 batteries together and still get 12volt by connecting both + and both - together but i wouldnt just a waste of time.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

If you want a radio like that on a scooter you need a completely separate battery pack to run it, your elite doesn't have 300 watts to spare, more like under 30.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.