Spree

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Accolay
Goped
Goped

Spree

Post by Accolay »

mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Spree

Post by mousewheels »

Those finds are fun, like a time machine! Buyer better check under the plastic for insect and vermin nests :lol:
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Keep in mind that a spree is only ~100 pounds soaking wet.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Nice, but even with that low of milage its not worth a grand.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

I concur. It seems that people posting ads like this think the machines are worth more than they really are, using "rare" "classic" and "vintage" to describe.
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

Could also have been in a "garage loft" that someone calls and attic.

Scoot will be lucky to bring $550.
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Accolay wrote:
I concur. It seems that people posting ads like this think the machines are worth more than they really are, using "rare" "classic" and "vintage" to describe.
Your right , these are so far from rare your insulting the word "rare" by using it. At least this is the case Michigan anyhow. Guys all over my block were buying Sprees for $450.00 out the door with tax in 1986. Now if it was a 86 Aero 50 or 87 Elite 50 S , then I would pay more of a premium for a super nice one of those with 300 miles on it. $500 for a stock Spree in my opinion is over priced even with zero miles on it.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

novs86 wrote:
Accolay wrote:
Your right , these are so far from rare your insulting the word "rare" by using it. At least this is the case Michigan anyhow. Guys all over my block were buying Sprees for $450.00 out the door with tax in 1986. Now if it was a 86 Aero 50 or 87 Elite 50 S , then I would pay more of a premium for a super nice one of those with 300 miles on it. $500 for a stock Spree in my opinion is over priced even with zero miles on it.
or if it were a cherry 86 in shasta white and lollypop green. i'd even consiter that for a prefect black 87. :mrgreen: but NOT a red 85 :shock: 300$ that's what I think it's worth.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

I guess its just me with Sprees in general spreetard.I do like them don't get me wrong but you live in Michigan so you know for every 200 or more Sprees you see you see a 86/87 Aero 50 or 87 Elite 50S. Its the type of scooter that matters to me if you are paying in the $500 range. If you like a green and white Spree buy a $300 dollar nice red one and paint it and no one would know the difference(except people in this forum of course) :lol: