honda Spree '87 45 mph

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: honda Spree '87 45 mph

Post by Lunytune »

sanabriaautorepair wrote:well, that you guys can't do it does not mean that can not be done....here it is a lesson to all of you students, first, 44mm bore kit, some modifications need to be done to the cylinder, port the boost port, exhaust 15mm, have to be very careful when you port the boost port otherwise it will affect the timing, carburator for honda dio 93mm main jet, custom combustion chamber muffler for dio, tu cut the review limiter racing cdi for honda dio, racing ignition coil, racing 2 cycle oil high rpm, 110 racing fuel. clutch springs 2000rpm honda dio. drive belt 7240.the only thing is that until engine reach normal temperature it wont idle. thats it if you know about spree you wont ask for more if you still can't figure this out then you don even have to be in this forum
Little doubt that all that will increase torque, but something else will have to be done to reach 45mph from a scooter designed to do 30mph. And for all that is involved in that, might as well drop in a variator type powerplant, like the Elite SA which has several upgrade paths.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

sanabriaautorepair wrote:well, that you guys can't do it does not mean that can not be done....here it is a lesson to all of you students, first, 44mm bore kit, some modifications need to be done to the cylinder, port the boost port, exhaust 15mm, have to be very careful when you port the boost port otherwise it will affect the timing, carburator for honda dio 93mm main jet, custom combustion chamber muffler for dio, tu cut the review limiter racing cdi for honda dio, racing ignition coil, racing 2 cycle oil high rpm, 110 racing fuel. clutch springs 2000rpm honda dio. drive belt 7240.the only thing is that until engine reach normal temperature it wont idle. thats it if you know about spree you wont ask for more if you still can't figure this out then you don even have to be in this forum
so that answers my questions.
uhhh... what engine did you swap onto it???
none

is that on a gps or on the 35mph spree speedo???
the reading was most likely taken from the extremely optomistic stock speedo that dosn't even go up to 45.

what is your jetting???
93mm??? mm??? really????????? almost 10cm???? the housing that the jet screws into isn't that big. get out your metric caliper and measure out 93mm. your jet is that freaking big???? odd that your main jet in the carb is purportedly larger than your exhaust port @15mm.

what kind of pipe do you have???
custom combustion chamber muffler for dio. not an expansion chamber like everyone else.

stock airbox or custom???
you were rambling about race fuel and "racing 2 cycle oil high rpm" and totally forgot this one, but i'm going to venture a guess it is not stock by the dio carb with the giant main jet.

how big was the hill???
my spree will go at least 120mph before reaching terminal velocity. but only after approximatly 12 seconds.

of free fall.

from an airplane. :twisted:

i think you could have found a 40mph hill which, when combined with your inaccurate speedometer and your malfunctioning ego, could peg your seat o' the pants meter up to 45mph.

*edit*you should check out the bystarter, it's probably why you are having problems idleing when the engine is cold.
ya get all that, "student"??
Last edited by Spreetard on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Your own statement just goes to show what you really are. First off "exhaust 15mm" means absolutely nothing to a real engine builder. All your ignition upgrades do nothing but cost money with no improvement over the stock CDI system. Why would you swap in a rpm limited ignition box and then disable the limiter to achieve what the stock ignition box already had, no rev limiter? Any half azz designed CDI is good to 10,000 rpm. Also this "honda dio 93mm main jet" is so stupid as to be beyond belief. FYI sanabriaautorepair, 93mm is 3.66" which is bigger than the biggest Big Bore Kit for any 50CC scooter on this planet. Oh and a 93mm jet is better than twice as diameter, that's big around to you sanabriaautorepair, as the bore kit you claim to be using. Also without better than a minimum of an 11 to 1 compression ratio, which is very unlikely in a 50cc scooter motor, that 110 racing gas is useless for power improvement. Why no pictures of this wonder engine?

Here's a pic of one of my winning 2 strokes. Yeah, I know the 5 extra cylinders just complicate tuning, but what can you do when the CID limit is 100CI.

And just to show I actually own a scooter.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
RustyShackelford
BMX
BMX

Post by RustyShackelford »

Schooled.
'86 NQ-50 IN PROGRESS. STAY TUNED
jguy
BMX
BMX

Post by jguy »

I TOLD ya'll this would be a fun thread!
'86 Spree
'80 Motobecane 50V
Just Ride
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Hmmm... still no pics of the wonder engine??? :shock:

if you're going to lie about s***, at least do the homework to back up your lie, like "dude, i swapped in a dio"
everyone would go "oh, of course it's fast" and leave it at that.
i like this thread too much to let it go :mrgreen:
i want to here more about this monster. :mrgreen: does it have v-tec??
mine does :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Spreetard wrote:Image

Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Oh, OK, I'll jump on this too.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if Tazland is signing up for multiple accounts on this board... All these new guys that join and gush about his kits. Hopefully they're just coming here on referral...

I'll go out on a limb and guess that the 15mm exhaust port means 15mm tall, from the stock 9mm. That's still well under 180 degrees, I suppose, but a pretty aggressive start. I wonder how much it was widened.

The Dio exhaust might actually work pretty well. Maddog and I talked about welding a stock Dio pipe to a Spree to see if there was any improvement a long time back, as it's reportedly a better design than stock.

The carb, I don't see as an improvement. Spending all this money, why not run an aftermarket carb and pick up some top end air flow? Curious. Is that Dio carb choking through the stock intake and reeds? If so, I've got a set off an SB50 for sale that's bolt-up improvement; I'm sure it will be good for another 5-10 MPH on your highly-tuned machine.

All the stuff about CDIs and coils: most guys that work on these know that those are unnecessary on these bikes; there is no rev limiter on the Spree and the stock coil's good enough for normal levels of compression. I also don't see anything about head work that would require 110 octane.

And I don't care so much how you tune the clutch, that's all launch control. What did you do to the pulley? Because without ratio, you're not going to get any more speed.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

I'm actually beginning to wonder if Tazland is signing up for multiple accounts on this board... All these new guys that join and gush about his kits.
My thoughts exactly... :shock:

Seems pretty fishy to me... :roll:
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

noiseguy wrote:I'm actually beginning to wonder if Tazland is signing up for multiple accounts on this board... All these new guys that join and gush about his kits. Hopefully they're just coming here on referral...
I don't think so. It's not his style, and not his vocabulary. Besides, I thought you figured a way to trace spammers and moles.
And I don't care so much how you tune the clutch, that's all launch control. What did you do to the pulley? Because without ratio, you're not going to get any more speed.
I checked the service manual and surprisingly found the final reduction on the 86 Spree as well as the SB50 to be 6.385 : 1. Problem with the Spree is not in the final reduction, but in the primary reduction. So if you could figure a way to put variator pulleys on a Spree, you might have a go-getter. But if you're going to go to that much trouble, might as well swap in a Dio. :mrgreen:
circusracer
Goped
Goped

Post by circusracer »

Lunytune wrote:
noiseguy wrote: So if you could figure a way to put variator pulleys on a Spree, you might have a go-getter. But if you're going to go to that much trouble, might as well swap in a Dio. :mrgreen:
Unless you could add the variator for $50.00 or so, I havent seen anyone selling a Dio cheaper than $300. If someone has an old variator laying around, I would pay for shipping to my home so I can check it out. I am a machinist and would like to try and finagle this to work on a Spree.
84,85,86 sprees: Intake mod, drilled pipe, .020" milled 1985 head, dome piston, 2mm raised exhaust port, sb50 reeds, 34mph average.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

We haven't yet found a variator small enough to fit in the Spree.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

noiseguy wrote:We haven't yet found a variator small enough to fit in the Spree.
As I've suspected. Are the variator type AF05E powerplants a drop in on the NQ/SB frames? Such as the 89-93 SA? Some may question the wisdom of such a swap but if you like the Spree or SB frame, seems like a good set up. Of course, you would have to make a few mods, such as exhaust flange.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

noiseguy wrote:We haven't yet found a variator small enough to fit in the Spree.
Just a thought... I heard the Urban Express vari was deadly small. Might be worth checking it out?

There's my two cents.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

That's what I've heard too. I don't know of anyone that's checked it out yet.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »