What are the differences between the elite/spree/aero?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Alarmnbob
Noob
Noob

Re: What are the differences between the elite/spree/aero?

Post by Alarmnbob »

drizzle wrote: The Helix doesn't necessarily have that much more space, but it's classy and actually resembles a trunk, not an afterthought for using space available as the Elites seem to be. There is provision for a luggage rack which increases capacity considerable with the official milk crate.
Well I do not agree with the Helix not having much more space. It's like saying that an oil tanker doesn't have much more room than a rowboat. "It's classy and actually resembles a trunk" I agree with.
That said I love my Elites but the Helix will carry three twelve packs in the trunk. That's with the trunk closed.
86 Honda Helix, 1995 Honda Helix, 2004 Helix Clone
87 Honda Elite 150, 88 Elite ES , 1999 Itajet Dragster
86 Honda Aero 125 , 2004 Honda Elite 80
2002 Yamaha Vino"ROCKET"
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

With the original question being "the difference between elite/spree/aero" I assumed he meant the 50cc line.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Bob, you're right and I back off that statement. I don't know if you can carry three sixpacks, but you can carry two gallons of milk and a lot of other groceries.

Yeah, we need to get back to the original question "elite/spree/aero". In a great respect, the Spree is in a class of its own. The variator, or lack thereof, does that. Aero was a forerunner of the Elite. Better? debatable. The AF16E definitely has the edge over the oversquare AF05E engine with more torque and more porting. Naturally, the transmission is stronger too. But little doubt the Aero is more of a classic.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes