Most amount of miles you drove on your moped in a day?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Most amount of miles you drove on your moped in a day?

Post by eliteguy50 »

elited wrote:Should of also added a second question while making this thread, how many miles does your moped(s) have on it?
I have 9500 on the elite E (has at least one rering job), 7000 on the dio (don't know about the rings). I have seen several close to the 10,000 mark and a couple that have even turned the odometer back to ZERO.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
elited
BMX
BMX

Post by elited »

eliteguy50 wrote:
elited wrote:Should of also added a second question while making this thread, how many miles does your moped(s) have on it?
I have 9500 on the elite E (has at least one rering job), 7000 on the dio (don't know about the rings). I have seen several close to the 10,000 mark and a couple that have even turned the odometer back to ZERO.
Wow, these little engines can really put on some miles!, I cant wait for the day when mine wants to turn the meter back to 00000 :D. Also just wondering after how many miles did you need to replace the rings on your elite?
Last edited by elited on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

elited wrote:Also just wondering after how many miles did you need to replace the rings on your elite?
I just did last week and I saw it had a 25 over piston. so I know it was done at least once but possibly done early do to a seize. I did look at another aero 50 and the guy claimed that it was factory rings and spark plugs at 8700miles. on CL a guy claimed his spree had over 9000 miles and was stock but he didn't want to pay for a ring job so he was selling it.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

on CL a guy claimed his spree had over 9000 miles and was stock but he didn't want to pay for a ring job so he was selling it.
Now that's something I would be interested in, but doubt it's anywhere near close to me. I bought a 44mm big kit for my wife's NQ50 but it's running good and I'm not tearing it down just to put the kit in. She wants another "little" scoot for my daughter.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

yes, about 9 hours north of you
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

mr pibbs wrote:
Spreetard wrote:i know i've put on about that, went 367 miles in three days, all we did all weekend was ride around manistee and onekema after my friend's spree got put together, the weekend before 4th of july.
How many tanks of gas was that? 5.. 6?
we stopped off for gas at least 10 times, but sometimes for 30 cents in gas and a place to eat a snack and stretch.

and i have 7,280 miles on the spree currently, about 2600 of those miles are mine spread over the last three years. my friend has a tired 86 spree with 12,212 miles on it, i wish my 87 cluster had the extra digit on it like that, mine will just roll back @ 9,999mi, 86 clusters go to 99,999mi...
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Spreetard wrote:
mr pibbs wrote:How many tanks of gas was that? 5.. 6?
we stopped off for gas at least 10 times, but sometimes for 30 cents in gas and a place to eat a snack and stretch.
It's worth that for a place to pee. :?
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

first day i got it, i put about 100 miles on the 'ol thing, just getting used to it.

since i got it (beginning of june), i've gone from 1830 miles to 2380.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

in college i used to ride 30 miles every day on my spree
Yes its the same one as my pic it has 6700 miles on it now and still running very strong. i dont know about the amount of miles in a day prob. 100 at the most. would love to make a long trip sometime but i dont know how to do it most of the roads are 50mph or such and the cops are *.....

videonut

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

would love to make a long trip sometime but i dont know how to do it most of the roads are 50mph or such and the cops are *...
I assume you mean "50mph" minimum? That stinks. Surely there are National Forestry roads in Washington which don't have minimum speed limits. We've got several B grade State roads in our area in the Mark Twain Forest. They make great touring roads and generally have enough pullovers to stop and allow traffic around.
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

would love to make a long trip sometime but i dont know how to do it most of the roads are 50mph or such and the cops are *...
Dude....swap in a dio!!! :mrgreen:
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

SpyderMike wrote:
Had the same problem, did that (swapped in a SE50 motor, couldn't ruin my dio :? ) and got pulled over because my E was going too fast to be a legal moped (limited to 30mph in state of Iowa). can't win with these F***ing cops.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Had the same problem, did that (swapped in a SE50 motor, couldn't ruin my dio ) and got pulled over because my E was going too fast to be a legal moped (limited to 30mph in state of Iowa). can't win with these F***ing cops.
Nasty up there ain't they? I went to the QuikStop for bag of ice on my rat the other night, still daylight, no lights, no mirrors, loud muffler... LEO was at a gas pump chatting to somebody. He watched me as I pulled up to the ice box and go in to pay, back out and buzzed away. He never said a word to me, and drove off a different direction.

I think part of it is age. Most of the time when I see local LEO with somebody pulled over, it's the younger generation. They especially like to pick on the high schoolers.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

eliteguy50 wrote:
SpyderMike wrote:
Had the same problem, did that (swapped in a SE50 motor, couldn't ruin my dio :? ) and got pulled over because my E was going too fast to be a legal moped (limited to 30mph in state of Iowa). can't win with these F***ing cops.

oh my that is freekin awful what a crock of s**t i would have took that to court and rode the scooter inside to prove it was a 50 , and then road away with the finger in the air. ha hahaha nah just kidding i would prove that it was a 50 though.

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Videonut wrote:oh my that is freekin awful what a crock of s**t i would have took that to court and rode the scooter inside to prove it was a 50 , and then road away with the finger in the air. ha hahaha nah just kidding i would prove that it was a 50 though.
videonut
It doesn't matter, Iowa changed their law a couple years ago so electric scooters could get registered. It is all about the speed:must be able to go 20mph up a 2 grade hill and not be able to go over 30mph, also have to have a flag at least five feet in the air.