elite with ruckus motor swap

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jguy
BMX
BMX

Re: elite with ruckus motor swap

Post by jguy »

Those bikes look just plain sick! Hats off to the builder

Talking as a total noob, I don't think my Spree is that hard to maintain. It seems the best maintenance is to run it frequently. If I run it every day or every other day, it starts on the first kick or a second of starter motor. If I let it sit a week it takes a minute to start. I just keep fresh gas in it, with a tablespoon of Seafoam (props to the forum!) in each tank. I cleaned the carb last spring and will do it again next spring. I'll start and run it once a week during the winter. We've run it about 200 miles in the 4 months we've had it, for a total of 2200 on the odometer.

I wonder how long I should expect the rings to last.

All that being said, I would own a Ruckus in a minute if I had the loot, but I would hate to part with my Moby or Spree. My better half wanted a scoot that was easy to start, easy to ride, and easy to lift into the van. For her, the Spree is the perfect scoot. I'm not sure, but the Ruckus is about twice as heavy I read somewhere.

To each his own, all different flavors of the scooter panoply. I love 'em all.
'86 Spree
'80 Motobecane 50V
Just Ride
Wheelman-111

Re: elite with ruckus motor swap

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Try this experiment: Duct tape two Sprees together and lift them both into the van. Heavier?

Still lighter than a Ruckus:

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/rucku ... tions.aspx

Spree weighs in at about 90 gassed up. Ruckus? One Hundred and Ninety-Four. Plus there's that "Lawn Boy Meets Lawn Chair" styling thing. To each his own, I guess.

Long live 2-Strokes. :woot:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH