What do you use your Scooter for?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

drizzle
Elite
Elite

Re: What do you use your Scooter for?

Post by drizzle »

my only transportation. or at least, it was until i got a 110cc CT70 clone.
Dude383
BMX
BMX

Post by Dude383 »

I got mine just to use every so often for running around town... but ever since I got it almost two weeks ago, I've only used my car on a couple of rainy days. I should just get rid of my car and go full time Spree. 8)
drizzle wrote:my only transportation. or at least, it was until i got a 110cc CT70 clone.
Nice. I've got an '80 ct110 for the back roads up at the family cabin and love it. I've always wanted a ct70 though...
Elite50USD
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite50USD »

rain or shine I ride my elite. I but 150 miles on it in the first 3-4 days. still tinkering with it because I feel like it's running lean. My rain suit is my friend.
Dude383
BMX
BMX

Post by Dude383 »

I've got to get new tires, then I'll think about riding in the rain.
Saved
Spree
Spree

Post by Saved »

What I use my scoot for:
1. Saving the world
2. Crime fighting
3. Storm chasing
4. African Safaris
5. Death defying stunts
6. Crocodile wrangling
7. Chimney sweeping
8. Errands to the grocery store
In the barn::
2001 Honda Elite
2002 Yamaha Vino
2007 Roketa Sicily
2006 Ninja 250

Special thanks to:
Workdog & Iggysepia for parts & quick shipping.
Evilone for buying my SA50P.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

i tried fighting crime on my spree, but i felt like a chode
gfisher99
Spree
Spree

Post by gfisher99 »

Dude383 wrote:I've got to get new tires, then I'll think about riding in the rain.
I changed both of my tires today in about 45 minutes. I had never done it before. I used Wheelman's guide in the technical documents section. For the "thin metal slats" he talks about, I used a small nail puller tool (Home Depot).

I lost a good 20 minutes removing the rear axle nut. That thing was tight. Ended up with success by using a 1/2' drive breaker bar and a 3/4" socket.

Tire changing was extremely simple. And even better is that the tires on these things are less than $40 shipped, for both front and rear.
1986 Spree w/Taz 44mm BBK
Wheelman-111

Wheelman Mating Ritual

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

What use the Scoot. In short, it's a Babe Magnet.

First apply my Harleys Suck tattoo - temporary of course - to each deltoid "muscle". Then I get decked out in my Chartreuse Danskin leotard, white chaps and fringed vest. A white 3/4 helmet and Zircon-Encrusted Elton John shades complete the lust package.

I scoot over to the local biker bar, the Quick Death Saloon, at around closing time.

I park upwind of the rows of Choppers, leave the engine running, tweaking the throttle periodically to ensure a constant belch of oily blue smoke constantly envelops my rivals' rides. As the crowd emerges, I yell "Who wants to ride Bee-yotch?"

Almost every night, large groups of potential mates of several genders make their move toward me, hacking and coughing behind their skull-festooned bandanas. Clearly they are taken with my Manly Ride and enticing outfit, but I'm picky.

If I ever like what I see, I'll stick around. So far no suitable match has approached, so the warm engine makes for a quick and graceful exit.

Sometimes I see them attempting to fire up their rides to follow, so enamored of my Persona are they. Fortunately the film of 2-stroke oil coating their velocity stacks precludes ignition for several minutes.

I'm sure their hearts are broken, but hope they soon get over their longing for the Mysterious Scooter Love God.

:)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Dude383
BMX
BMX

Re: Wheelman Mating Ritual

Post by Dude383 »

Wheelman-111 wrote: First apply my Harleys Suck tattoo - temporary of course - to each deltoid "muscle". Then I get decked out in my Chartreuse Danskin leotard, white chaps and fringed vest. A white 3/4 helmet and Zircon-Encrusted Elton John shades complete the lust package.
That sounds like it could double as a good crime fighting outfit.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I have several scooters.

one I use to go back and forth to work. 2004 met

one is for going on fun cruises with friends. 1986 stretch spree

one is for 1/8 mile drag racing. 1994 Elite S 50mm bore with mini stroker 9.8:1gears

I have others... but they have no purpose .... maybe a dio spree swap just for fun. :peace:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

mine is used mainly for fun/joyrides. short runs to the store. and its fun to see just how fast you can make these little buggers go!!!
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I got mine for joyriding mostly and trips to the store becase the comute on it would be a little long 90 to 100 miles round trip but that wont stop me once and while. I always wanted a honda scooter and now I have one. I am very pleased with it so far climbs hills no one could ever dream possible!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

When I sell parts locally, I use it for free delivery. With my old 94 S, I delivered an Elite 150 motor from Saginaw to Midland, about 40 miles.

I have a small bike trailer I took to my bikes for hauling large items or multiple packages to the post office.

Otherwise mine are use for the same purpose as a car, just a commuter and I like the savings in fuel.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Wheelies.

I sometimes use it to go to the gym when I don't feel like gearing up for the big bike. Other than that it is a pure toy, to test my tuning skill and play around while riding.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Oh, the many functions of the spree. Unsurpassed in versitility, it can be used as a door stop, a smoke machine, an insect fogger, lawn furniture, a boat anchor, an afrodisiac, catipult ammunition... the sky's the limit!

When the .6 gallon tank is insufficiant to arrive at your intended destination, it serves as a very effective piece of exercise equipment.

I use mine as primary transportation whenever weather permits. It's also the spare tire for my truck, as i no longer have one, as it will not fit out from under my truck...
Spreetard wrote:Image

That's my baby... in the back of my piece of s*** truck...

:roll: I think i have the same camera as wheelman :D
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!