My Spree will outrun yours...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Jamie_Miles
Goped
Goped

Post by Jamie_Miles »

My engine is a RM250, totally diffrent then the TS250 I believe. I already have an exaust for the engine. Thanks for the offer though.
Comeing soon: Possibly the fastest Spree in the world...
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

here is one off of FH,but i think it's a razz

Jamie_Miles
Goped
Goped

Post by Jamie_Miles »

That's awesome! Bet mine will outrun it though. :twisted:

Unless mine is just so wheelie happy it's unrideable, I won't be putting a wheelie bar on it. Seeing as how it will be a pit bike, I would actually rather be able to ride short wheelies on it. :wink:
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

Oh. It was an afterthought that it might be an old RM engine, since I noted it was air cooled. Figured it was an old TS250 or TC250 engine, since a lot of them are out there.
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

Jamie_Miles wrote:That's awesome! Bet mine will outrun it though. :twisted:

Unless mine is just so wheelie happy it's unrideable, I won't be putting a wheelie bar on it. Seeing as how it will be a pit bike, I would actually rather be able to ride short wheelies on it. :wink:
the way that front end is set up yor spree would fall apart before catching it up. i say that razz gets to 70+ real fast with the wheelie bars and because it looks like a jog 70cc motor it could hold it there forever.if your frame doesn't twist before catching up because of the wheelies your front end would be too unstable to keep the high speed.I would take that bet.A spree here holds the 1/8th mile record with only cc motor under 110cc.For all mopeds no matter what cc it is. Also for both with and with out NOS.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

dave toba the man. Out run this :D

My name is Dave and i have a moped/bike shop here called TobaTech. Our group is called the TRXTR's, coming to you from beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. Where moped and moped riders are a lifestyle. We were really glad to see others enjoying mopeds like us.
Here, we used to have cruises with about 60-70 mopeds from several shops going around the island but the cops used to harrass us all the time (still do). We love stunting too and have some pretty good talent here. My best moped riders are Shane and Scott. I'm more of a basic stunter. Love high speed moped wheelies 70+. Mainly I'm a sport bike stunter but a lot of times would rather ride the 'ped instead of the big bike.

Since Oahu is just an island, we don't have the miles and miles of straight road to do stunts on. So, we had to learn to turn on wheelies. Shane is the smoothest. Scott is awesome in donut wheelies. Seen him do a circle in like 5 feet. Shane's favorite is coming to a dead stop on a wheelie from about 55mph, or doing 12 o'clocks. Scott's is weaving between the lines on the road on a wheelie. James and Kaleo love to do on the seat stunts. Kelsey, Nick, Elia, Oliver, just like to sit down and have fun.

Click on "Drag-Peds" and you will see my drag moped pix. These are the two fastest mopeds in Hawaii and I think they might hold a world record but Guiness turned me down because they don't have a category for them. They told me to check with FIM who records all two wheeled records. FIM told me that I would either have to fly them to france to clock up there, or fly a FIM representative down here to measure the track, wind etc. It all seem like too much so I'll just settle for fastest in Hawaii. They don't let me race the full 1/4 mile because they say my tires aren't speed rated so i race the 1/8th mile only. What I did was weld together a Honda Spree frame to a Honda Elite's frame to stretch it out. Before these bikes I had just a Honda Spree with a 100cc engine 51mm bore x 49mm stroke and no nitrous. I got it down to 8.659 about 75mph. Used to hit 1.87 in 60 foot times.

THE MPH RECORD IS ON THE RED SPREELITE PILOTED BY CLINT SUYETSUGU. IT WAS POWERED BY A 114.5CC MOTOR ON NOS. AFTER ALMOST LOSING IT OFF THE LINE THREE TIMES WITH THE TIRES BURNING OUT LIKE CRAZY, HE TURNED A 9.777 ET RUN WITH A SPEED OF 85.06 MPH.

THE ET RECORD WAS RIDEN BY "LIL" STEVE SAITO. FOR THAT RUN WE TOOK THE 100CC MOTOR ON NOS. WITH A BORE AND STROKE SIZE OF 51X49 AND PUT IT IN THE RED STRETCHED OUT SPREELITE. HE BLASTED DOWN THE 1/8TH MILE WITH AN ELAPSED TIME OF 8.110 @ 84.40 MPH.

MY PERSONAL BEST WITH THE RED BIKE IS A 8.219 ET @ 82.25 MPH AND 8.283 ET @ 82.86 MPH. THAT'S WITH A 186 POUND RIDER! NOT TOO BAD.

Aloha,
Dave

We'd love to hear from you. Mopeders have to stick together!
Click here to email the TRXTR's

Click here to see some pictures of the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Home
Jamie_Miles
Goped
Goped

Post by Jamie_Miles »

hrnytrtlsgsxr wrote:
Jamie_Miles wrote:That's awesome! Bet mine will outrun it though. :twisted:

the way that front end is set up yor spree would fall apart before catching it up. i say that razz gets to 70+ real fast with the wheelie bars and because it looks like a jog 70cc motor it could hold it there forever.if your frame doesn't twist before catching up because of the wheelies your front end would be too unstable to keep the high speed.I would take that bet.A spree here holds the 1/8th mile record with only cc motor under 110cc.For all mopeds no matter what cc it is. Also for both with and with out NOS.
As I said, my spree will never see those kind of speeds. It was joke.. We have "real" cars to go fast down the strip in, no need to do it with these little play things.. :roll:

Now if I were remotely intrested in building this thing where it could go down the strip, I have no doubts I could get it into the 5's in the 1/8 assumeing it were possible to get traction with this engine. The frame would need to be stretched and braced in multiple places, Definately a custom swing arm to accept the rear wheel that would require, and the front end would not be that of a moped.

However, this will only be a pit bike. If you want to go fast, a moped is not a solid base to work from.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i started some what of a street moped at one time i loved it.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

I'm sure you could get it into the fives as alot of others can but then it's not a spree anymore. Still we are talking a about a single piston two stroke motor. When it comes to two stroke and a cvt based transmission then it comes down to the tuner hands on. No computer componant hooked up to an engine.. i could put a gamma engine on my spree and out run yours. or for that matter a fact a stock gixxer 1000 motor. but then again it's still not going to remotely look like a spree at all afterthat. The reason why some love the spree and two stroke with cvt engines is because of the hands on modification with the porting,timing changes and alot of modifications that your speed will depend on not like now days where a simple power commander can change the perfomrance and you hook up a computer to changes air fuel mixtures in your mix.Agian this to me is about can you get a single cylinder two stroke with a cvt to be faster. I bet you can't. :roll: :twisted:
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

umm a lil anger in that one.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i aggree wiht hrglkyerkshfks
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

lol
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

hard to spell his name
Spreewell
Spree
Spree

Post by Spreewell »

I'd whoop yer d*** azz on that POS.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

A total fake post by the island ghetto boyz!!!!!