New CDIs

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Re: New CDIs

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

I have ran the blue Cfi for 2 strokes from eBay and I also have felt anything better than stock. But I really did feel a big difference with the Malossi cdi without the immobilizer. Greater starting, no need choke to start, revs a bit quicker than the stock and I think it might even ignites much better. It's a good investment for these name brand cdi.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I have a blue one that i ran to test my spree out for when i brought it and the spree revs up faster and hits a over-rev point.

But I also blew up that motor the other day.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

So the Malossi CDI WITHOUT immblizer? So the cheaper one is better? thats a suprise... Does Stage6 and malossi make the right cdi for the super dios and live zxs? Cause my super dio has 2 clips for the cdi...

Anyone know where they can give good deals for the stag6 and malossi CDI? MAn i seriously thought Daytona was the Best CDI. But any suggestions and pointers on getting them would be greatly apreciated.. I might wantto try out the stag6 and 1 of the malossi CDIS
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The stage 6 isn't for dio. It's for Peugeot. And malossi does make a cdi for over seas bikes.
Pretty sure it's pn malossi 55-8176.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Doesn't the pugeot use the same cdi as the Dio though?
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Yes im getting one of these CDIs for my EliteS/Sa50.. But i was just trying to figure out which CDI is actually worth it to purchase or if i should just use my stock 1..

To bad they dont make them for Super Dios and Live Zx, both styles.

EDIT- Graphite which CDI from malossi is the 2 style clip for super dios?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I posted the correct part number for over seas cdi. Also I posted the results of which cdi is best.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

So im going to try out the Stage6 CDI for my Sa50.. I really wanted to try the malossi immobilizer adjustable one tho... Once I get the CDI and A Dang motor running good ill let you guys know the difference.. Im gonna use Stock, the Blue "Racingd CDI" lol and then the Stage 6
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

I was bored and was trying to look into some of those cdi's talked about in this thread.

What I was looking at would be for US Af16 / Elite Sa50 5 pin engines.

Stage6 : S6-4217500 - People speak highly of this one.

Naraku: NK390.06 - Unrestricted, says basically the same thing as the S6. Not sure if anyone has used one. Naraku generally seems to make quality parts. The cost of this unit is less than the S6.

Naraku for Racing : NK390.03 - New version of the micro-processor-controlled ignition box kit with aluminium racing CDI unit and converter. For better spark and adjustability. A true racing component! Unlocks extra rpm, thereby increasing power. This is where cylinder kits or tuning exhaust come into their own. The added benefit of a CDI unit really gives you a strong power boost. Still less than the S6.

Don't know if those are any good, but I figured I'd throw up the info.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
superfast1234
BMX
BMX

Post by superfast1234 »

Once again, your admin boyz don't have a clue about speed, and owner of this forum is worried about tourists that can't handle a center stand :bowrofl: Nice try Don :smile:
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

graphite9 wrote:^^Does anyone else understand this?
Nope.
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

superfast1234 wrote:Once again, your admin boyz don't have a clue about speed, and owner of this forum is worried about tourists that can't handle a center stand :bowrofl: Nice try Don :smile:
Hey superfast1234 if you think we all have no clue , why are you here in the first place? Please keep those kinds of comments to yourself. We like to keep this board a friendly place. And this thread was great, lets keep it that way shall we? :b2t:
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Dakine wrote:So im going to try out the Stage6 CDI for my Sa50.. I really wanted to try the malossi immobilizer adjustable one tho... Once I get the CDI and A Dang motor running good ill let you guys know the difference.. Im gonna use Stock, the Blue "Racingd CDI" lol and then the Stage 6
To be clear with the malossi the adjustability is for the immobilization and not adjustable timing.
I have both the normal malossi and the immobilizer malossi. There is zero difference between the two besides being able to limit rpm.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

A couple more I came across. Has anyone had a chance to try and if these?

Scooter-assassins.com #1806 programmable. It has dip swtiches that allow you to select different timing curves. http://www.exportstrength.com/product_i ... cts_id=440

Athena 700.90.53 . Unrestricted, claims it has a pre-programmed improved performance tuning curve.
http://motorcyclespares.net/category/1/article/144239/

Readspeed unrestricted, adjustable timing 19-40 degree
Www.readspeedscooters.com
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, I saw a YouTube video about this. Guy tried a couple of the "racing" cdis on a 4 stroke 50, and found limited gains. But then he modified the pickup mount for the ignition and claimed to see better gains across the board. Any comments?