Upgrades....

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Cheahreally... I seen somebody do a Dio conversion on a Spree on here and it looked bad *. Here's my thing. I don't need to go fast, I'm afraid to go over 40 with anything on two wheels (pretty much why i don't own a motorcycle) and Especially on a Spree. Now my dad had an Elite CH125 4 cycle, I took that * on the highway doing 65 or so and it felt awesome, so maybe things will be different when I find an Elite. I'm going to tear the cylinder off the Spree today (both of them, actually) and see * is going on, I seem to be getting compression, and it will run, but it's getting too much of something, it still sounds like not enough gas to me, but I'll take a look and lots of pictures for your enjoyment.

So how much for the Dio motor, and is it complete?
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i bought this thing to rebuild it to be a stroker. it already has new crank berings and seals, crank is modified by quick fix in Hawaii to be lighter. has stock variator, stock clutch, stock belt, stock flywheel and magneto. stock gearing,new final reduction gasket, kickstart, oil pump, reed valves, stock intake ( with a small chip missing). and ill even through in the engine mount. all for 100.00
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Sad to say, I either have to get another good jug, or buy a 25 over piston and have mine bored :( It has a NASTY gouge from an improperly seated piston ring or something. Will post pics soon.
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

wow... no s*** huh? the top end there too? Hang on to that, I might take you up on that offer...