best oil made

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: best oil made

Post by motormike »

Interesting thread to have been started by a noob...... :newb: .........I got a little bored in the middle...... :bs: .......I'll probably go with the Amsoil first because of the convenience(dealer buddy)..... 8) .....but Klotz has a good chance after that......thanx to all............ :coolcruise: :coolcruise: ................ :coolcruise:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Yeah, we are gonna believe Penzoil advertising. Like I said you already made up your mind regardless of what the facts are. I wouldn't use Penzoil in someone's engine that I hated. By your logic fuel is fuel, so using regular pump gas in a race motor is a good idea. Image
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

motormike wrote:I'll probably go with the Amsoil first because of the convenience(dealer buddy)..... 8) .....but Klotz has a good chance after that......thanx to all............ :coolcruise: :coolcruise: ................ :coolcruise:
I am going with amsoil for the same reason.

A buddy/dealer of mine hooks me up with 64 oz containers for free :thumbwink:

I'll mix it 32:1 though, instead of 50: or 100:1, like it says on the bottle :crazy:

But I have no real brand loyalty. If my buddy was a Klotz dealer , I would run that too.

Any synthetic two stroke oil really. (Picturing a men in with lab coats , holding a test tube full of oil,and pointing to charts).....no dino oil is going in my engine. :wink:

Once upon a time, I poured half a bottle of Amsoil into a bottle of royal purple that was not all the way empty :shock:

It was more exciting than the time I mixed Coke with Pepsi. :)
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

I strictly run castor in my race bikes.. On my street bikes i run castor as well as klotz when available..
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Strictly Castor927 since the day I bought my ped.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Im not taking any sides here; i use Klotz because i have personally had great results with Klotz oils....
HOWEVER: Doesn't the fact Bear has been tuning WATER cooled, insane performance 2 stroke MARINE engines for multiple decades count for anything when it comes to oil type choice? Just seeing the engines he owns would be enough for me to listen to his oil type (what type to use/not to use in air cooled apps) recommendation... Plus, the point of his 50+ hours of OIL education may be a factor, too.
-50 hours of specific teaching on OIL is alot of knowledge here, dudes... Could it be as simple as "use marine spec oil for marine / water cooled apps" because that's what it has been r&d'd for 1st... And use air cooled, 2 stroke motorcycle specific oil for AIR cooled 2 stroke motorcycles... ??

-j :peace:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Bear45-70 wrote:Yeah, we are gonna believe Penzoil advertising. Like I said you already made up your mind regardless of what the facts are. I wouldn't use Penzoil in someone's engine that I hated. By your logic fuel is fuel, so using regular pump gas in a race motor is a good idea. Image
:*:
What? You just can't admit you don't know everything. Your attacks on my credibility are unfounded and immature. I know that high compression engines need a higher octane fuel, which relates in no way to the subject at hand.
You have presented no facts at all. What you said is "my logic" is not at all what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. You are using a straw-man arguement against me, misrepresenting my position.

YOU SAID NO COMPANY RECOMMENDED THEIR TCW RATED OIL FOR AIRCOOLED APPLICATIONS. PENZOIL IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE. KLOTZ, ROYAL PURPLE, AND MANY OTHER OIL COMPANIES ARE THE SAME WAY.

I in NO WAY endorse Penzoil, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT BEAR IS WRONG AND THAT IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A GOOD SYNTHETIC OIL TO CARRY A TCW3 ENDORSEMENT AS WELL AS API, ISO, AND JASO RATINGS, WHICH MEANS THAT IT WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR AIRCOOLED ENGINE JUST BECAUSE IT WILL ALSO PASS THE REQUIRED TESTING FOR A TCW3 CERTIFICATION BY THE NMMA.

I DON'T LIKE THE CONDESCENDING SPREAD OF MISINFORMATION. YES, THERE ARE OILS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AROUND AIRCOOLED PERFORMANCE ENGINES. BUT RUNNING A GOOD SYNTHETIC, REGARDLESS OF MEETING TCW3 REQUIREMENTS, WILL NOT HURT YOUR ENGINE.

If anyone wishes to research it further, I will provide a path.
http://www.nmma.org/certification/certi ... tc-w3.aspx
Everything about TCW ratings. From the source itself.

http://www.7thgear.net/7thGear/Portals/ ... 0specs.pdf
A very nice explanation of two stroke oil ratings.

Oil ratings are not mutually exclusive.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
reynoldston
Goped
Goped

Post by reynoldston »

I use Walmart Super Tech 2 cycle oil in my two Sprees. 2500 miles on one and the other 2000 miles and no problims yet. Both bikes are stock and most of the riding is full throttle 25 MPH to 35 MPH up an down hills.
ZMUD
Spree
Spree

Post by ZMUD »

AMSOIL Intercepter all the way!!!! I run it in my snowmobile and scooter and the oil is awesome!
94 elite 50s
----
66cc bbk
118jet/Pre-Mix32:1
1"uni-filter,Keli 9g
1k center,8.44 gears,ZX Trans
V8 Pipe,IRC MB38 80/90 tires
H4 H.I.D

94 elite 50sr
-----
50mm BBK,105jet
1" Uni-Filter,8:44gears
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Trafficjamz wrote:I am going with amsoil for the same reason.

A buddy/dealer of mine hooks me up with 64 oz containers for free :thumbwink:

I'll mix it 32:1 though, instead of 50: or 100:1, like it says on the bottle :crazy:
You have a better bud than mine, I have to buy it at cost. I use both Amsoil and Klotz. The Amsoil Saber I pre-mix at 60:1 for any stock scoots.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Spreetard wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:Yeah, we are gonna believe Penzoil advertising. Like I said you already made up your mind regardless of what the facts are. I wouldn't use Penzoil in someone's engine that I hated. By your logic fuel is fuel, so using regular pump gas in a race motor is a good idea. Image
:*:
What? You just can't admit you don't know everything. Your attacks on my credibility are unfounded and immature. I know that high compression engines need a higher octane fuel, which relates in no way to the subject at hand.
You have presented no facts at all. What you said is "my logic" is not at all what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. You are using a straw-man arguement against me, misrepresenting my position.

YOU SAID NO COMPANY RECOMMENDED THEIR TCW RATED OIL FOR AIRCOOLED APPLICATIONS. PENZOIL IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE. KLOTZ, ROYAL PURPLE, AND MANY OTHER OIL COMPANIES ARE THE SAME WAY.

I in NO WAY endorse Penzoil, I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT BEAR IS WRONG AND THAT IT IS POSSIBLE FOR A GOOD SYNTHETIC OIL TO CARRY A TCW3 ENDORSEMENT AS WELL AS API, ISO, AND JASO RATINGS, WHICH MEANS THAT IT WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR AIRCOOLED ENGINE JUST BECAUSE IT WILL ALSO PASS THE REQUIRED TESTING FOR A TCW3 CERTIFICATION BY THE NMMA.

I DON'T LIKE THE CONDESCENDING SPREAD OF MISINFORMATION. YES, THERE ARE OILS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AROUND AIRCOOLED PERFORMANCE ENGINES. BUT RUNNING A GOOD SYNTHETIC, REGARDLESS OF MEETING TCW3 REQUIREMENTS, WILL NOT HURT YOUR ENGINE.

If anyone wishes to research it further, I will provide a path.
http://www.nmma.org/certification/certi ... tc-w3.aspx
Everything about TCW ratings. From the source itself.

http://www.7thgear.net/7thGear/Portals/ ... 0specs.pdf
A very nice explanation of two stroke oil ratings.

Oil ratings are not mutually exclusive.
So using big letters and yelling makes you right must be your theory. Penzoil is junk oil and if you use it you are asking for a failure. You claim others say it is OK but you provide no proof. Again your belief and Penzoil's crap oil and claim do not make it so. But keep yelling it and the stupid people will believe you. The ones with a brain will look at the charts I provided and see that you are full of s***.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Can't we all just get along :peace:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

:popcorn: Two people that like to argue are arguing.... let them be. :drama:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Trafficjamz wrote::popcorn: Two people that like to argue are arguing.... let them be. :drama:

....... who will win? :popcorn:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

KingJeff801 wrote:
Trafficjamz wrote::popcorn: Two people that like to argue are arguing.... let them be. :drama:

....... who will win? :popcorn:
The trolls who enjoy the banter.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.