Looking for Scooter Mechanic in Michigan

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Looking for Scooter Mechanic in Michigan

Post by jcivince »

I did hear back from VT Cycles - He was going to check to make sure he had one in stock and asked me to hit him up again in a couple days to remind him about it and to tell me how much for shipping.

Can you shoot me anything to help me to know what to buy for crank seal(s)? I see 3 different oil seals on the crankcase fiche for SA50. I didn't see any seals on the fiche page for the crank.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

jcivince wrote:I see 3 different oil seals on the crankcase fiche for SA50. I didn't see any seals on the fiche page for the crank.
91201-GK8-003
91202-GAH-721
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Thanks evilone - much appreciated!!
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

jcivince wrote:Just ordered/bought my crank bearings from Autotech on eBay.

Now I need to figure out what the crank seals are (Honda part number/s)...
Are the bearings that Autotech sells at least OEM quality? You have a nice crank and a nice bore id hate to see cheap bearings being used. Especially with the RPM potential of the Corsa and MHR crank.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

To be honest, I'm not sure of Autotech bearing quality.

Is there a particular bearing source that would be better? I'm definitely about getting quality parts into my Elite - just need to be told what/where to buy.

Looking around the site, it seems that others have purchased from him/them before without complaint but nothing specific to bearing quality.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Get the bearing number and buy domestic or Japanese. Some manufacturers are running multiple plants so be sure to specify the country of origin, not just the brand.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Honda bearings and seals!!!! Cant beat the price either. 15
Bucks a bearing and 5 a seal here
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

kingkamehameha wrote:Honda bearings and seals!!!! Cant beat the price either. 15
Just looked up Honda spec, NTN Japanese bearing. $5-6 at bearing at your local NTN dealer, maybe $8 for walk in orders.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

kingkamehameha wrote:Honda bearings and seals!!!! Cant beat the price either. 15

For sure :2thumbs: That is why I ask about a honda dealership.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Understood - I'll go with OEM.

We don't have a Honda dealership in town anymore so I'll just do the on-line thing.

Thanks Guys!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

jcivince wrote:I did hear back from VT Cycles - He was going to check to make sure he had one in stock and asked me to hit him up again in a couple days to remind him about it and to tell me how much for shipping.
Get an oil pump plug from VT also.

You owe me one. :wink:

jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

OEM Bearings and Seals ordered from RonAyers.com - bearings were $11.39 each and seals were $3.80 for one and $3.64 for the other and just $5 shipping.

I did hear back from VT Cycles - he has an airbox that's coming to him next Wednesday and also has oil pump plug (only in silver though) that he has set aside for me. He's swamped with orders/business right now. Last email I got from him he was just leaving his workshop at 3 in the morning!!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

jcivince wrote:OEM Bearings and Seals ordered from RonAyers.com - bearings were $11.39 each and seals were $3.80 for one and $3.64 for the other and just $5 shipping.

I did hear back from VT Cycles - he has an airbox that's coming to him next Wednesday and also has oil pump plug (only in silver though) that he has set aside for me. He's swamped with orders/business right now. Last email I got from him he was just leaving his workshop at 3 in the morning!!
I don't think you guys understand bearings very well. If the bearing manufacture's numbers are the same, the bearings are the same and you over paid like * for the same bearing from a Honda dealer/ internet seller that were cheaper from your local bearing supplier. If the bearing is special, the number on it is different.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Completely understand what you're saying - I mostly paid for the convenience and almost no time investment (sat at my desk, did a little typing, and they will appear at my desk = magic!) and to some extent peace of mind knowing when they arrive in the Honda bag that they should indeed fit and that if they don't I can return them. I could find my local NTN bearing dealer, go to their place and purchase them and probably return them but the convenience/time is lost.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Bear45-70 wrote:
jcivince wrote:OEM Bearings and Seals ordered from RonAyers.com - bearings were $11.39 each and seals were $3.80 for one and $3.64 for the other and just $5 shipping.

I don't think you guys understand bearings very well. If the bearing manufacture's numbers are the same, the bearings are the same and you over paid like * for the same bearing from a Honda dealer/ internet seller that were cheaper from your local bearing supplier. If the bearing is special, the number on it is different.

Are you saying that japan bearing and Taiwan bearing are the same quality?