blow to the ego! (my wife doesn't care about scooters)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Eft37
Elite
Elite

blow to the ego! (my wife doesn't care about scooters)

Post by Eft37 »

Friday night my wife told me she doesn't really care about scooters and would rather have me sell her Elite E and put the money towards renovating the kitchen so we can sell our condo and get a house.
I was kinda heartbroken. She told me she likes that I like scooters, but given the work/money involved, she would rather have me fix mine up to awesomeness and have the kitchen done.
She said I could find her another scooter after we move into a house, when hopefully I have a garage to wrench in.
I thought about it and Sunday came at her with this "compromise".
I would try and sell the scooter at a premium and then give her the original price I paid, the difference either going towards my bike upgrades or "shenanigans*" in getting her a better bike.
I'm going to flyer the local campus to try and get a big premium on the bike, wish me luck.
Wheelman-111

Boudoir Mechanics

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Eft:
She said I could find her another scooter after we move into a house, when hopefully I have a garage to wrench in.
You're working on them scooters in the bedroom, aren't you? I've found women can be funny about things like that... :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Re: Boudoir Mechanics

Post by Eft37 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Quoth Eft:
You're working on them scooters in the bedroom, aren't you? I've found women can be funny about things like that... :)
No, no room in there, too crammed with junk. I sneak down to the parking garage and lay out a tarp, then I hope no one comes into the garage (usually 5+ people catch me).
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: blow to the ego! (my wife doesn't care about scooters)

Post by mousewheels »

You get to trade her scooter for a garage with a house, and then later get another scooter?
You are on the fast track to a man's dream there :twisted: :)
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

mousewheels wrote:You get to trade her scooter for a garage with a house, and then later get another scooter?
You are on the fast track to a man's dream there :twisted: :)
I'm thinking of selling everything to help purchase another house too!

Bigger house is much better IMO
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

bradthreee wrote:I'm thinking of selling everything to help purchase another house too!

IMO: little house but BIG * garage full of all my transportational devices. :D
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

Eft37 wrote:Friday night my wife told me she doesn't really care about scooters and would rather have me sell her Elite E and put the money towards renovating the kitchen so we can sell our condo and get a house.
I was kinda heartbroken. She told me she likes that I like scooters, but given the work/money involved, she would rather have me fix mine up to awesomeness and have the kitchen done.
I thought about it and Sunday came at her with this "compromise".
I would try and sell the scooter at a premium and then give her the original price I paid, the difference either going towards my bike upgrades or "shenanigans*" in getting her a better bike.
I'm going to flyer the local campus to try and get a big premium on the bike, wish me luck.
how much do you want for that one??? cause im thinking my wife needs one
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

If I sell it on the forum, there goes "premium". What time frame you looking at? I hope to flyer for 2 weeks.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Boudoir Mechanics

Post by Lunytune »

Eft37 wrote:
Wheelman-111 wrote:Quoth Eft:
No, no room in there, too crammed with junk. I sneak down to the parking garage and lay out a tarp, then I hope no one comes into the garage (usually 5+ people catch me).
You missed his point. Think of it this way. Put your wife first place, not your scooters. You are obsessed with the wheels. First priority with a woman is security... and a home... not a condo...

Go with her on this. Consider it an investment in the future. And in the meantime, put her first place in your affections. You won't regret it.

You see, I've got the opposite of your problem. But for years, we didn't have much in common. Then one day, I realized she must come first. Once she saw my attitude change, she changed... Get the picture? You will notice we have a fleet: The Helix and 5 small scooters. All her idea. :mrgreen:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

[quote="bradthreee
Bigger house is much better IMO[/quote]

For what it's worth, we just moved back to Cali :D And - guess what? We have not one - but TWO friggen garages. :lol: The largest is a three door 35'x38' behemoth suitable for a commercial facility. The smaller two-car space will become the future home of GliskRecords Recording. :D

I hate to brag, but I agree with two paradigms:

1. You're right about bigger houses.

2. Short-sale/foreclosure market makes Paradigm #1 easier for spudz like me. :o

Nice to be back in Norcal. :wink:

CaptDan>
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

Eft37 wrote:If I sell it on the forum, there goes "premium". What time frame you looking at? I hope to flyer for 2 weeks.
i can wait no worries... what is your "premium" price anyways?
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Luny- I'm on board, no worries, the funny part is this whole obsession is her fault, she went "I'd like a scooter to drive to work that would be fun" in passing, and next thing you know....

Spydermike- If I can rake in $1k on it, that'd put me in a happy place. Granted, we obsessives know that's high as f- and I have a lot of wiggle there.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

CaptDan wrote:We have not one - but TWO friggen garages. :lol: The largest is a three door 35'x38' behemoth suitable for a commercial facility. The smaller two-car space will become the future home of GliskRecords Recording. :D
CaptDan>
Dan, I hope one of those garages is totally separate from the house. I recently made friends with some guys who are much higher up the ladder than I am. One built a new home a few years ago, very nice, big garage attached... AC/Heating into garage. Well... Here comes ole redneck lunytune to help these noobs with their barnfind scooters. Using gas and solvents to clean, carb cleaner, etc. If that's not enough, when we bust off off the first scooter, it fired on second kick. WOW. Garage filled with fumes, house filled with fumes, and yes, I put a little extra oil in the tank. T-R-O-U-B-L-E... the natives were restless that night.

Eft37, Go along with her. She'll come back around.
Let me paraphrase a favorite scripture.
"Delight thyself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart"
Now for the paraphrase.
"Delight thyself in thy WIFE and she will give you the desires of your heart".
And you can take that in more than one way. :mrgreen:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

CaptDan wrote:[quote="bradthreee
For what it's worth, we just moved back to Cali :D

2. Short-sale/foreclosure market makes Paradigm #1 easier for spudz like me. :o

Nice to be back in Norcal. :wink:

CaptDan>[/quote]

Welcome back Capt!

Thats what I'm saying! I need to try to take advantage of this opportunity. I'm gonna try to sell everything for down payment and I need to find someone to rent my place now....
CaptDan
Elite
Elite

Post by CaptDan »

Lunytune wrote:
Dan, I hope one of those garages is totally separate from the house. I recently made friends with some guys who are much higher up the ladder than I am. One built a new home a few years ago, very nice, big garage attached... AC/Heating into garage. Well... Here comes ole redneck lunytune to help these noobs with their barnfind scooters. Using gas and solvents to clean, carb cleaner, etc. If that's not enough, when we bust off off the first scooter, it fired on second kick. WOW. Garage filled with fumes, house filled with fumes, and yes, I put a little extra oil in the tank. T-R-O-U-B-L-E... the natives were restless that night.
LOL! :mrgreen:

Yep. The larger garage IS detached - the main reason I chose it for 'motorizin'. 8)
Lunytune wrote:
Eft37, Go along with her. She'll come back around.
Let me paraphrase a favorite scripture.
"Delight thyself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart"
Now for the paraphrase.
"Delight thyself in thy WIFE and she will give you the desires of your heart".
And you can take that in more than one way. :mrgreen:
Eggzellent advice, sir. To which I'd add:

Better to bend to the whims of the wife,
Than be left broken by the whip of the court...
- Annoymous. :shock: :lol:

CaptDan>