color choices for sprees

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

color choices for sprees

Post by odinxxix »

i have a 1986 spree and i am in the process of repainting it so it doesnt look like a skunk as someone on here mentioned and several people around town have also. anyway there is going to be a splash of blue on it to match my seat and was wondering did they every put them out in a dark blue and if so does someone have a foot area in that color cause paint just doesnt stick.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: color choices for sprees

Post by Lunytune »

odinxxix wrote:i have a 1986 spree and i am in the process of repainting it so it doesnt look like a skunk as someone on here mentioned and several people around town have also. anyway there is going to be a splash of blue on it to match my seat and was wondering did they every put them out in a dark blue and if so does someone have a foot area in that color cause paint just doesnt stick.
First part of your question has been answered in your other thread.

Latter question about paint not sticking, there was a thread going a while back on this. You'll have to do a search. But basically, once you've got the plastic sanded down and wiped clean with acetone, apply Adhesion Promoter, followed up with your color of choice in 15-20 minutes. The Adhesion Promoter acts as a primer to prepare the plastic to receive paint.

Another option is the new Fusion Paint by Krylon. It is designed specifically for plastics.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: color choices for sprees

Post by odinxxix »

yea funny thing is i posted this one first and got no hits then posted again cause i thought it got dropped and bingo got some colors, and i just finished painting, i used the adhesion promoter i found at my local napa auto parts. also picked up some color effects clear to put on top of the clear i put on it ill post a pic when i get my black floorboard i ordered from camtastic.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite