Look what my wife did to her scooter!! L 0 0 K!!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

A Prim and Proper Skirt

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I appreciate the Scooter pics, truly I do, but notice that you continue coyly to keep your Secret Sources of Scooter Swag from the Forum. (Along with those elusive images of MadDog's alleged ride(s)!)

That JDM tail's hot but what's up with that upside-down rack? Can it be put to good use? Otherwise I suggest you go for clean and streamline.

I do hope you score those side skirts soon. A proper Lady shouldn't ride with her undercarriage uncovered. The Scooter's' I mean.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Look what my wife did to her scooter!! L 0 0 K!!

Post by veedubh20 »

the green fan will blow up, Use stock honda fan!

rear cover is very hard to find now a day..
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: A Prim and Proper Skirt

Post by Lunytune »

Wheelman-111 wrote:I do hope you score those side skirts soon. A proper Lady shouldn't ride with her undercarriage uncovered. The Scooter's' I mean.
And I thought you would like to peek under. :drama: Frankly, I never cared for fender skirts and kinda like the exposed look. I remember when the muscle cars first started cutting holes in the hood to show the carbs. Nothing like tree deuces, two quads, or a supercharger dressed out in chrome sticking up above the hood.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Mr. Lunytune:
And I thought you would like to peek under.
A gentleman never peeks. And then there's me, DOM. Heck, yeah, I'll peek if I figure I won't get nabbed fer looking. :)
I find the side skirts finish off the look as it was designed, especially the abrupt mechanical cutoff at the floorboard. You still get a glimpse of the tasty mechanical bits, but not all of it. One must leave something to the imagination.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

it's all about mirrors on your shoes? Peaking is no issue.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

im with Wheelman on this one.... how dare her go riding w'out her skirt on!! :bowrofl:

as soon as we can afford some new skirts from Honda we will order them up. -They are SO expansive!! Retail is around $90 a side :( -i have nearly given up on finding used ones that are mint err, i mean "cherry" (working on my Hawaiian vocab) but yeah, the body lines need those side skirts to pull the floorboard-to-body transition complete.

As for the rear rack... i LOVE it!! i'm not sure what scooter in Taiwan / Japan it's used on, but it is called a "grab" or "pull" bar; it's not for luggage anymore, but it only used for putting the scoot on it's centerstand.

-i know veedubh20, you have warned me before about those Koso fans... (thanks, by the way!) -i know they explode under high rpm's... Angie's scooter is stock and as soon as we put some performance parts on it we will ditch the fan. -we are waiting on her red Daytona fan to arrive, and i love how the Koso fan "whistles!" -it sounds kinda lke a turbocharger! :wink:

for finding the really hard-to-find parts, it takes long, sleepless nights on the computer and on the phone constantly asking around about "who still has the good rare sh*t" AND if the people are reliable. -i have always liked finding the parts that nobody else has or can get easily.

...BUT, i am all about sharing the love! :mrgreen: **if you need to know about parts sources, PM or email me.** TE37scag@aol.com -i will most certainly help you out, AND my sources are totally good-people and can be trusted!

thanks much for the compliments, guys.... and Wheelman, new pics of Ang skirtless w' her scooter (i mean, her scooter skirtless) will be posted up soons. :naughty:

later, jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Yes the grab bar is old school hawaii, i don't use mine cuz i use kick stands now, you don't want that hole for the fan shroud cuz when it rains that mega buck stator will fry! the fan will not explode as long as you have the correct gear ratio just don't use it on a full stroker, i just put on a half skirt on the carb side panel due to a manual ckoke +adjustments are made easy, the scoot is clean and if you can get dual head lights = sweet :naughty:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Oh sure, the 'Dog likes Blank's scooter but now he hates mine again! :cry: You know I only live to impress you MD! :wink:
Wheelman-111
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

What did you use to get the Elite stickers off the side?
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

im interested where the grab bar came from, and maybe a different style clutch bell.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey Jeff,

Man, when I brought her scooter home in all of its parts and pieces, the left side plastic was in decent enough shape o just clean it up with running compound and a good 3 step buff / wax job. The previous owner had somehow removed the "Elite" word and left the "SR-Honda" logo on (on both side plastics) I looked at the "SR-Honda" logos on the plastics and they have clearcoat over them, so i'm not sure how the previous owner removed just the "Elite" part of the graphic; unless it was not clearcoated over from the factory. (?)
As for the right side plastic, it was scratched and road-rashed too much to buff out, so I sanded and prepped it, then sent it with a buddy to have him paint it at work. I had to sand the "SR-Honda" of the right side because of the clearcoat over it.

-We have been meaning to order another "SR-Honda" decal for her scooter's right side plastic.

What does your "Elite" decal look like? Does it have a coat of factory-applied clearcoat over it?

I still LOVE the way your all-black SR looks.... it's freaking mean, dude- especially with the taillight conversion. :2thumbs:

-later, jon

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

odinixxix,

Man, there is only one person I know in Hawaii that has the grab bars usually in stock AND will be willing to ship to the USA.

I had looked for one forever... and never could find one until elite_dub directed me to the seller. (thanks again, Jay)

If you need the seller's phone number / email, PM me.

As for the clutch bell, the one on Angie's scooter is a stock Honda clutch bell; I just used a wire-wheel on a high speed bench grinder, then polished the steel by hand with Mother's Mag polish.

The clutch bell cover on her Elite is aftermarket; it came chrome, but we opted to have it sandblastd then powdercoated "wrinkle" finish black.

later, jon

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

z50r-blank wrote:Hey Jeff,

Man, when I brought her scooter home in all of its parts and pieces, the left side plastic was in decent enough shape o just clean it up with running compound and a good 3 step buff / wax job. The previous owner had somehow removed the "Elite" word and left the "SR-Honda" logo on (on both side plastics) I looked at the "SR-Honda" logos on the plastics and they have clearcoat over them, so i'm not sure how the previous owner removed just the "Elite" part of the graphic; unless it was not clearcoated over from the factory. (?)
As for the right side plastic, it was scratched and road-rashed too much to buff out, so I sanded and prepped it, then sent it with a buddy to have him paint it at work. I had to sand the "SR-Honda" of the right side because of the clearcoat over it.

-We have been meaning to order another "SR-Honda" decal for her scooter's right side plastic.

What does your "Elite" decal look like? Does it have a coat of factory-applied clearcoat over it?

I still LOVE the way your all-black SR looks.... it's freaking mean, dude- especially with the taillight conversion. :2thumbs:

-later, jon

Thanks for the comps....Elite S Decals sucks ...its raised off the panel and is a b**** to get off...I had a Elite 99 back in 99 and took the decals off and scuffed the * out of my panels... Bikes look so much cleaner without the decals on them, the problem is they are not stickers , it almost seems they are baked on with the paint?....off to next post still someone figures a good way to get them off...thanks again for all the great info...you are a PIMP :2thumbs:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life