yamaha jog $500

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

SPREEtown
Spree
Spree

yamaha jog $500

Post by SPREEtown »

1986 Spree SE:
  • pulley mod
    '85 head
    SB50 intake, reeds, carb
    UNI filter
    44mm bbk
    3x10 conti zipps
    next:
    taz gears, sa50 clutch w/ 2k springs
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: yamaha jog $500

Post by burnt_toast »

its an 86 = not worth 500 or much over 100 :imo:
projects galore :nerd:
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

easy now...
what's wrong with it??
i do agree though. it'd hafta be a nice one to fetch 500
have you seen a pic?
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

no dude, nice or not an 86 jog isnt ever worth 500 but thats my personal scooter enthusiast opinion

90+ jogs are worth their weight in gold
projects galore :nerd:
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

burnt_toast wrote:no dude, nice or not an 86 jog isnt ever worth 500 but thats my personal scooter enthusiast opinion

From what I've seen in Phillippines and Taiwan, the earlier JOGs are very much sought after. **We all know that P.I. and Taiwan know their 5hit in small engine building. Afterall P.I. holds the world record on a JOG**

They have very light frames similar to the Honda Spree, but with a vertical JOG motor. Aftermarket parts like high speed pulley, carb, etc are the same, but the bore is vertical. Basically a Yamaha made DIO type motor.

For those that have no idea what these 1st Generation JOGs can do, it's understandable, since these were only produced from 1986-1987, therefore VERY RARE!!! A stock 1st Gen JOG can do 45mph on flats. With basic performance upgrades, you will be just as fast as the fast DIOs out there.

Best bang for the buck, especially if you can snatch one up really cheap. PLUS, people don't know their real worth in potential so no one are really looking to buy those. If you find one, you probably can get a really good deal.

Instead of a SPREE with a DIO swap, just get a 1st Gen JOG with the light frame and drop in a HSP and center spring for cheap and you'll be seeing minimum 55 mph. Throw on a bore kit and lookout!

I hope the OP jumped on that deal :coolcruise:

Now everyone is gonna be on the lookout for these diamonds in the rough :rock:
SPREEtown
Spree
Spree

Post by SPREEtown »

i wasnt sure if this jog was THE jog that people flip s*** about. its still for sale and only about 40mins away...
1986 Spree SE:
  • pulley mod
    '85 head
    SB50 intake, reeds, carb
    UNI filter
    44mm bbk
    3x10 conti zipps
    next:
    taz gears, sa50 clutch w/ 2k springs
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

the yellow 86 i have looks identical to the pearl white 88 enginewise but the 88
runs better and revs out like i could only wish the hondas do.
motorwise it's my funnest 50 to ride.the motor stays on song from 0 til you shut the throttle. and to think i got it out of a junk yard and really only went through the motors top end/drive train and "got it going" again.i paid 40 dollars for it.it had sat in the salvage yard for 12+ years.
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

SPREEtown wrote:i wasnt sure if this jog was THE jog that people flip s*** about. its still for sale and only about 40mins away...
The horizontal Yamaha Minarelli (3KJ) engines were 1st intro'd in the JOG Artistic SPEC. That is the legendary JOG people talk about. The 1st Gen JOG is the 27V, which people underestimate.

$500 is cheap for any kind of real Yamaha JOG. Most people spend that much on the base model RAZZ. Atleast the RAZZ is way faster than a "stock" SPREE can ever be :drama: Plus you still can hop up a RAZZ with a KRS exhaust and bore kit only available from Hawaii.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

i had a 86 jog, sold it for 500$ a couple weeks ago. i do agree that it pulled hard, it did do about 40 stock, i fitted an aftermarket zuma variator and it hit 45 pretty easily, i think a simple build up would have made it pretty quick...if its in nice shape id snatch it up, i love the old duck bill styling too!!! haha
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

The Jog's ruled my neighborhood back in 87. There was no 50cc Honda that could even come close to beating one. The closest being a 87 Elite 50S. They (Jog's) were respected back in the day.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

burnt_toast wrote:no dude, nice or not an 86 jog isnt ever worth 500 but thats my personal scooter enthusiast opinion

Toast, defend your statement on the 86. I know Hondas but not Yamahas. I've had a verbal offer on an 86 for $200 that I have not seen yet, personal friend, very low mileage, not molested. He's a teacher, commuting 50 miles to here and will be bringing it in this week.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Lunytune wrote:

Toast, defend your statement on the 86. I know Hondas but not Yamahas. I've had a verbal offer on an 86 for $200 that I have not seen yet, personal friend, very low mileage, not molested. He's a teacher, commuting 50 miles to here and will be bringing it in this week.
$200--GOOD DEAL!!
Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

cool- what color is it?

here's my 86 and 88

mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

2WF wrote:
SPREEtown wrote:i wasnt sure if this jog was THE jog that people flip s*** about. its still for sale and only about 40mins away...
The horizontal Yamaha Minarelli (3KJ) engines were 1st intro'd in the JOG Artistic SPEC. That is the legendary JOG people talk about. The 1st Gen JOG is the 27V, which people underestimate.

$500 is cheap for any kind of real Yamaha JOG. Most people spend that much on the base model RAZZ. Atleast the RAZZ is way faster than a "stock" SPREE can ever be :drama: Plus you still can hop up a RAZZ with a KRS exhaust and bore kit only available from Hawaii.

apparently the KRS is on backorder.
thinking i might be opening up a SH50 zorst and poke/prod around some.
about to drop the mchammer on a big bore for the Razz- pitiful little scoot that they are...lord knows they need love.
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

:coolcruise:
Last edited by TURN1 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!