protection

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Re: protection

Post by mustangwagz »

gdh wrote:
mustangwagz wrote:I keep a loaded gun in almost every room at all times. Havin a little boy now also makes the idea of having guns a good idea.
The irony of this made me laugh out loud. I don't know if this whole post was satire or legit, but thanks for the chuckle either way.
I've got a * of a mouth and a couple of fists. If that can't save me, then I deserve it.
Its legit man. sure, fist's work great..and like i said before, ill do some cake stompin if i gotta, but sometimes fists just dont scare ppl enough..i few shots into the air, or a good ole rocksalt shot to the * works better.

as far as havin a boy and guns in the entire house, trust me, they're high enough and outta this reach at all times, they're stored above my head, with no worries.
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

gdh wrote:
mustangwagz wrote:I keep a loaded gun in almost every room at all times. Havin a little boy now also makes the idea of having guns a good idea.
The irony of this made me laugh out loud. I don't know if this whole post was satire or legit, but thanks for the chuckle either way.
I've got a * of a mouth and a couple of fists. If that can't save me, then I deserve it.
Well, you aren't a 63 year old disabled guy who can't use his fist. So tell me, how are those fists gonna work out against 3 or 4 bad guys, say with baseball bats? One of my guns actually backed 2 guns with guns down and I never fired a shoot (I should have in hind sight but I was young and dumb back them. Oh and I do not ever deserve to be beaten up just because the guy is bigger and tougher than me or there are more of them than me. I suppose you think it is a better outcome for a woman to be found beaten and raped and maybe dead in an alley than for the her to be explaining to the cops why she shot the asocial *? If you do think she should be dead, your idea of justice and freedom need to be adjusted.

"God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal"

As to guns around the house, by the time kids are 5 if you don't have them trained to leave your stuff alone, you ain't done a very good job of parenting, IMO. I raised 5 kids and 3 out of the 5 are shooters to this day. But when they were curious about guns, we went to the range and they got to learn about guns shoot them.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
gdh
Noob
Noob

Post by gdh »

I don't want to get into a whole thing about it. You guys have your beliefs and I have mine. Neither will ever sway the other. Scooters are what we have in common.

In terms of protection, I feel just fine without a weapon, but I understand why others may not. Although, Mad Max style stilettos on the hubs would be pretty mean looking.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

gdh wrote:I don't want to get into a whole thing about it. You guys have your beliefs and I have mine. Neither will ever sway the other. Scooters are what we have in common.

In terms of protection, I feel just fine without a weapon, but I understand why others may not. Although, Mad Max style stilettos on the hubs would be pretty mean looking.
The trouble is your belief ignores what the Constitution says and the SCOTUS decision. Why can't you people face the reality of the facts? Image

"The problem with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't true!"
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Well, you aren't a 63 year old disabled guy who can't use his fist.
I don't think we need to get into an argument about this. If you don't want to carry, that's your decision. If you want to carry and live anywhere besides Chicago, go for it.

Bear, where's your ole geezer photo? One thing about ole geezers is that they know they can't win a fist fight, or even a knife fight. So they carry something adequate to change the odds in his favor. DON'T MESS WITH OLE GEEZERS!
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

I still say TROJAN
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Oh you mean this one.

And this;

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too tired to talk you out of the fight, he will just kill you."
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
gdh
Noob
Noob

Post by gdh »

Bear45-70 wrote: The trouble is your belief ignores what the Constitution says and the SCOTUS decision. Why can't you people face the reality of the facts? Image

"The problem with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't true!"
You people? I wasn't aware we had met.

Ok, I tried to end it.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

1886, Supreme Court
Presser vs. Illinois
The court ruled that the Second Amendment only prevents the federal government from interfering with a state's ability to maintain a militia, and does nothing to limit the states' ability to regulate firearms.

1939, Supreme Court
United States vs. Miller. Here, the Court refused to strike down a law prohibiting the interstate commerce of a sawed-off shotgun on the basis of the Second Amendment. Rejecting the argument that the shotgun had "some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia," the Court held that the Second Amendment "must be interpreted and applied" only in the context of safeguarding the continuation and effectiveness of the state militias.

In United States v. Warin, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1976 upheld the conviction of an illegal gun-owner who argued that his Second Amendment rights had been violated. In pointed language, the court wrote: "It would unduly extend this opinion to attempt to deal with every argument made by defendant...all of which are based on the erroneous supposition that the Second Amendment is concerned with the rights of individuals rather than those of the states."

The newest decision is out of line with previous rulings. And that's ok, I know the court changes. I want it to be clear that I support individual rights, but in reality, the 2nd Amendment has consistently been found to refer to the collective.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Since when are any of my guns become illegal? Have you ever heard of the Heller decision? Of course you will ignore that one, that's the one that shot all you moron anti-constitutionals in the foot. Which by the way is the only 2nd Amendment decision that has any bearing on what the 2nd means, but of course you don't want to talk about that one, you just want to throw up smoke screens. Or the 9th Circuit Court's decision to incorporate the 2nd, which means all the western states are protected from you anti-Constitutionalist.

Oh and on that 1939 decision, the real story is a man was arrested in Oklahoma under the new NFA (National Firearms Act, which was designed to no lay off all those hard working anti-booze cops) for having illegal firearms. He told the federal judge that he needed the guns to stay alive and the law was unconstitutional. The judge agreed and found the law unconstitutional. The newly formed ATF wet it's panties and appealed. When the case came up before the SCOTUS, the ATF presented its case. There was no case from the other side as the man was dead from gun shoot wounds by his enemies. The court let the law stand only because there was no argument to the contrary. If it had been challenged the SCOTUS would have most definately found the law unconstitutional because the SCOTUS has never not upheld the 2nd Amendment. Besides it is not the states we have to fear, it is the illegal ATF and the federal government that supports it.

Also my state Constitution protect my gun rights even better that the 2nd does.

ÔÇ£SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.ÔÇØ
The Washington State Constitution

The rest of you BS is guys who were doing illegal acts and tried to use the 2nd as a way out. However I am doing nothing illegal, am also a disabled veteran and I swore to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. Guess which category you and your ilk belong in? :roll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

gdh, you've posted a lot of "case" law. That's the problem with our judicial system. We depend too much on case law instead of going back to the intent of the founding fathers. The background were the British was trying to remove weapons from the Patriots. So once the Revolution was over, the founding fathers saw the need for the people, collectively in militias and individuals also, to be able to resist a corrupt government. Then it was England. I'm sure the Germans would have wished they could have had a Second Amendment when Hitler made personal possession illegal, as well as the Communists. Hitler slaughtered millions of defenseless people, as did Lenin and Stalin. Think about Ruby Ridge and Waco with the Davidians. It happens in America, all in the pretense of protecting the American public.
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

f***..look what i started..
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

mustangwagz wrote:f***..look what i started..
Yeah, it's all your fault. :lol:

Remember the Starbuck controversy? One guy walks into Starbucks and said, "I haven't had my coffee yet, and I'm packin'". UH... somebody pour that man a cup of coffee! :coolcruise: