first bike

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

molly
Noob
Noob

first bike

Post by molly »

Hi. I'm going to look at an '84 honda spree - 1k miles with title. Assuming it is in good condition, can anyone give me any guidance on what might be a reasonable price for this bike?

Thanks!
LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

Re: first bike

Post by LawlerClan »

I just paid $175 for one but it needs a new left panel, rack and rear turnsignals, and rear tire. Hat about 2300 miles too. This was in PA.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Cosmetically excellent Sprees that run are rare. I've seen them fetch as much as $500 (or more) but a lot depends on season, location, and the desperation of the seller/buyer. If the price is much above that, there may be better options.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

i have no valuable input
Last edited by fightingplankton on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

LawlerClan wrote:I just paid $175 for one but it needs a new left panel, rack and rear turnsignals, and rear tire. Hat about 2300 miles too. This was in PA.
Oh really? so where you live than? lol

i paid nothing for mine. got about a hundred bucks into parts it needed. also got title and currently have it licensed registered and insured (full coverage to boot cuz it was cheap! lol)

i seen one on CL for 325, without a title, dead battrery and a few other problems. i laughed.
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

$250 for a nice Spree not shiny and perfect but just nice complete might need a part or 2. Less than that condition you be the expert on that I've paid $50 for complete running parts bikes before without titles. Kinda like wheelman said season and desperation. If you pass it up another will come along. :surprise:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

Post by LawlerClan »

mustangwagz wrote:
LawlerClan wrote:I just paid $175 for one but it needs a new left panel, rack and rear turnsignals, and rear tire. Hat about 2300 miles too. This was in PA.
Oh really? so where you live than? lol

i paid nothing for mine. got about a hundred bucks into parts it needed. also got title and currently have it licensed registered and insured (full coverage to boot cuz it was cheap! lol)

i seen one on CL for 325, without a title, dead battrery and a few other problems. i laughed.
I live in Hershey but traveled to Allentown to pick it up.
molly
Noob
Noob

Post by molly »

Thanks! It was listed at $500, and since I don't have an in state drivers license (and won't for a few months) I'm not going to be able to register it. I guess I'll wait. :(
Saved
Spree
Spree

Post by Saved »

I'd rather spend $500 on something newer. Of course around Chicago, there's always something decent for sale in the summer. I've passed up almost 10 Sprees so far, ranging from $50-$300. I've got a guy right now that's in IL. He has an '85 w/ 1300 original miles, title, etc... Needs carb work. He'd take $150 for it easy. Same goes for another one w/ 1600 miles, title, etc... $150 (runs, but needs carb work).

See if they'll drop to $300~
In the barn::
2001 Honda Elite
2002 Yamaha Vino
2007 Roketa Sicily
2006 Ninja 250

Special thanks to:
Workdog & Iggysepia for parts & quick shipping.
Evilone for buying my SA50P.