87 Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

87 Elite

Post by LawlerClan »

Picked up 2 of these over the winter and did a cosmetic restore on one of them.

Before:

After:

I couldn't find the right paint for the purple and I think what I used will scratch real easily. I wound up doing a quick job so my son could get riding. He didn't like the original purple which had faded to pink. I am curious as to how the paint on the seat holds up as well.

It is starting easily and running but topping out at 15 MPH. I have not gone through the carb yet however so wasn't expecting much.
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Re: 87 Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Good clean up, but my guess is the first time your son gets off the painted seat with a purple back side he wont be a big fan of the purple either. :smile:
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Nice find and tidy clean-up, but you know you're in trouble when Wheelman is criticizing your paint job. (you didn't really paint the vinyl, did you? :shock:)

These scooters are rare and worth doing right. Consult the plastics painting thread.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

Post by LawlerClan »

I know it was a quicky job and I'll have to re-do it later but wanted to get it done to make the most of the summer.

Yep, I did paint the seat. I had taken it off and scrubbed it down and those black spots would not come off at all. So, standing there with spray paint in hand and knowing I would have to recover it anyways, figured I would try it and see what happens. Nothing lost but a little spray paint. :oops:
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

LawlerClan wrote:Nothing lost but a little spray paint. :oops:
And a pair of pants with a purple *
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

They do make vinyl paint, although I'm guessing you didn't have any lying around :P

I recovered mine with a black seat cover off ebay. Very easy and not purple/pink too :P
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Look It's a baboon! RED *!! :naughty: :naughty:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

Post by LawlerClan »

I threw a white rag on it and rode for about 20 minutes tonight. No paint transfer at all. It is actually holding up better than I would have thought.