Can anyone confirm this is a Honda scooter?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

hondawifey
Noob
Noob

Can anyone confirm this is a Honda scooter?

Post by hondawifey »

I am hoping that someone can tell me if this is in fact a Honda scooter and if so what model. I am being told that it is but haven't been there to physically inspect it. I appreciate any assistance on this! Thanks!
Here is a pic of the scooter in question.
Here is a pic of the scooter in question.
Scooter.jpg (93.36 KiB) Viewed 7369 times
forrestking
Goped
Goped

Re: Can anyone confirm this is a Honda scooter?

Post by forrestking »

If I'm wrong I'll give you a full refund.

It is an old Honda Cub. Older than this one, but sharing the same suspension components:
hondawifey
Noob
Noob

Post by hondawifey »

King, thanks! Is that one yours? If so, how do you like it?

A friend saw this one and sent me the pic. I am waiting to hear what the owner is asking for it before I decide if it is something I want to get into. I am also not sure what they are worth or the availability of parts for them. I will be researching that now that you have given me the model. I am currently working on an 85 Spree and an 86 Spree at my husband's shop and if my Honda projects out number his Honda projects, he may make me get my own shop!

Thanks again!
forrestking
Goped
Goped

Post by forrestking »

that is not mine, but it sure is gorgeous and I wouldn't mind owning it...

I had a neighbor who owned one when I was a kid, and he let all of the neighborhood kids play on it, until we got it to run...

They are currently being cloned by SYM (I highly doubt any parts are interchangeable) but look for the "SYMba" or the "WoWow" (same bike).

The bike you are looking at appears to be one * of a project.
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Looks to be a C100 Super Cub with a CT200 rear wheel/sprocket. Or a CT200 with a C100 front fender. What's the VIN? it should be stamped on the L/H side just above where the engine should be. Be aware, these are big money pits.

There's a Passport for sale here. Very similar to the Cub. Just one in a long line of Honda scooters.

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=14494
Last edited by zuphilius on Tue May 25, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
hondawifey
Noob
Noob

Post by hondawifey »

King - yes, it is a beautiful bike. Thanks for letting me know about the condition of this one.

Zup - Haven't gotten the VIN # yet. Have been waiting for it and got a little impatient so I posted here. I definitely don't need a money pit. My DD is 20 and loves quirky things so I thought she might like it but maybe I will pass on this one and look for something in better shape.
hondawifey
Noob
Noob

Post by hondawifey »

Zup - I like the Passport too. Thank you for adding the link. I may have to stick to the Sprees for her since she wants something 50CC so she doesn't have to get a motorcycle license. She is in college and we thought something like that would be good for her around campus.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

keep in mind that these prices vary by geographical location but here is one for pricing:
CL link
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
gdh
Noob
Noob

Post by gdh »

Love those Super Cubs. Best selling motorized vehicle in the history of the world. Suck it, F150 and Corolla.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

gdh wrote:Love those Super Cubs. Best selling motorized vehicle in the history of the world. Suck it, F150 and Corolla.
I believe it was actually the VW Beetle that the cub beat.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
gdh
Noob
Noob

Post by gdh »

eliteguy50 wrote:
gdh wrote:Love those Super Cubs. Best selling motorized vehicle in the history of the world. Suck it, F150 and Corolla.
I believe it was actually the VW Beetle that the cub beat.
In terms of a single form or generation, then yes, you're correct. Toyota gamed the system, however by using the Corolla name on multiple vehicles. Even so, its about 20m for the Vdub, 30m for the Corolla, but way out in front is the Cub with over 60m.
RZRob
Goped
Goped

Post by RZRob »

I had an old Honda Supercub that looks like that. Mine was a 63 I believe and I bought it from a retirement home (they used them at Leisure World for Sr.s to get around) for $70 and rode it home. It was like brand new. It had a white leg fairing. I also had a '69 CT90 that looks the same, but not as beefy. The wheels (sprocket primarily) looks very CT90ish.

I wouldn't haul that POS home if it were given to me. There's not enough of it there to start a project.

RZ Rob
Gungatim
Noob
Noob

Post by Gungatim »

That is very similar to my CT-90. Since there is no motor in it, I would haul that home in a heartbeat and slap a Lifan 110cc honda clone in it. But that's just me...
Current lineup:
'66 Honda CT-90
'70 Solex
'74 Solex Horse
'77 Hobbit
'78 PA50II
'78 Express
'81 Express II
'79 Puch Maxi-Luxe
'87 Razz
'95 Elite
'51 PM putt-putt
'64 Daimler-Puch
Happy Time 80cc motorbikes (2)
Man, I really need a Spree!!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm nearly certain that it's a Cub or Passport. Back that long ago, there were no Chinese or Korean clones yet. SYM makes the 125cc(?) SYMBA today modeled after the Hondas of this vintage. Unknown but very likely the engine mount points will be the same, should you stumble across a wrecked frame with a usable engine.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
hondawifey
Noob
Noob

Post by hondawifey »

Guys,

Thank you for all of the information and advice. I have decided not to pursue that particular bike any further. I have my hands full currently with the 2 Sprees and being a bit of a newbie I am not sure that I needed anything additional to work on. Maybe something like that will be my next project at a later date and time. Again, everyone is really great for taking the time to provide me with all the helpful information.

I quit looking for sites that could help me with my Sprees when I found this forum! :worship: