Saddle bags...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dude383
BMX
BMX

Saddle bags...

Post by Dude383 »

...because I'm sick of wearing a backpack and the olde milk crate can be uncomfortable on my back sometimes.

I went to a local retailer and inquired about this item...

http://www.tousleymotorsports.com/eshop ... LEBAGS.htm

...but they tell me it's a special order item for them. The guys at the store didn't know much about this and I don't want to special order something like this without knowing if it will fit on my Spree. It says "Adjustable to fit most scooters" but who knows if the Spree falls into the "most scooters" category.

So... I guess I'm asking if anyone has any first hand experience with these. Thanks.
oldrock
Goped
Goped

Re: Saddle bags...

Post by oldrock »

Those sure don't look big enough to hold 24 cans. I think a single bag mounted on the storage rack might be a good option. You can get a number of bags made for biles and mount them there. I have a fairly large tank bag from back in my sportbike days that i might mount on my scooter. I can see how under seat storage would be very handy.
1985 spree 49cc offsets my
1969 mustang w/390 big block
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

oldrock wrote:Those sure don't look big enough to hold 24 cans. I think a single bag mounted on the storage rack might be a good option. You can get a number of bags made for biles and mount them there. I have a fairly large tank bag from back in my sportbike days that i might mount on my scooter. I can see how under seat storage would be very handy.
It says compartments hold 24, 12 in each.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I have no experience with that model. What I use are the saddlebags that you can buy for a bicycle, like the paperboy uses. They are not nearly as fancy but I bought mine at $15 per set.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.