Title from Bill of Sale?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Title from Bill of Sale?

Post by C3Killer »

Yes!! I'm surprised, Kansas is usually pretty strict about their titles and what not, but I bought an 87 Elite from a guy in Missouri, did up a bill of sale, and Kansas is now sending me a title in my name. Now I can get this hog on and off base because I have paperwork that makes it mine. The previous owner never had the title, and didn't know when the last time the title was transferred. Shibby! I'm excited. Now I spend all my time trolling hondaspree.net!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Title from Bill of Sale?

Post by eliteguy50 »

C3Killer wrote:Yes!! I'm surprised, Kansas is usually pretty strict about their titles and what not, but I bought an 87 Elite from a guy in Missouri, did up a bill of sale, and Kansas is now sending me a title in my name. Now I can get this hog on and off base because I have paperwork that makes it mine. The previous owner never had the title, and didn't know when the last time the title was transferred. Shibby! I'm excited. Now I spend all my time trolling hondaspree.net!
Iowa is the same way, but I brought back a scoot from Thunderhead once and it was great. At first they didn't know what to do and then the issued me a title. :thumbsup:
BTW: Welcome to HS.net :peace:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

C3Killer wrote:that makes it mine.
technically, the states. hahahah. my scooter's mine and i'll kick their butt they get around mine.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

MISSOURI
I bought a scooter that had originated in Illinois, with title. I thought, for proof of ownership, it might be good to have it registered. Tag office didn't know what to do with it. Called DMV, and they didn't know what to do with it either. Called Sheriff's office, same thing. So I took the title home and put it in my firebox. It's signed by previous owner, and I have an open title.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Thats good too, but I like to have it written down somewhere official (DMV) that I'm officially in "baller status" now. Now I get a plate that is for a motorized bicycle. Just one more reason for the cops to leave me alone, and now I can get on and off base without hassles!
trains420
Spree
Spree

Post by trains420 »

as long as you keep their pockets full, paying taxes, on your bike.
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

Here in Oregon you need a title, but a BOS from a state that doesn't require them is enough. If the scooter can be registered in the other state, having that paperwork with the BOS helps a lot.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold