Scooter alarm?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Scooter alarm?

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Thinkin about getting this. My friend has a chinese scooter with the exact same setup.... Let's just say it is very sensitive and extremely loud. Plus the remote kill I like, so if someone figures out how to disarm I can still kill it lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en

Whatcha guys think? We have alot of thieves around here, according to my neighbors some kids are already staring my SA50 down like a fresh piece of candy..
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Scooter alarm?

Post by Trafficjamz »

wikked_spree57 wrote:Thinkin about getting this. My friend has a chinese scooter with the exact same setup.... Let's just say it is very sensitive and extremely loud. Plus the remote kill I like, so if someone figures out how to disarm I can still kill it lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en

Whatcha guys think? We have alot of thieves around here, according to my neighbors some kids are already staring my SA50 down like a fresh piece of candy..
The downfall of any alarm on our tiny scooters is the tiny battery that powers our scooters may go dead, if armed for a long time.(like overnight) Get a bigger backup battery if you want to do this.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Not a bad idea, my friend's chinese one uses the same size battery and his doesn't go dead overnight.
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
dwsracing
Goped
Goped

Post by dwsracing »

Buy a big gun, * you never sleep at night. Chain and tarp it, out of site, out of mind. You know as well as anyone, if they want it, they will get it. Good luck
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Do not get the alarm. Those chinese alarms suck. I had tons of customers that had bikes that would not strat because the alarms are fragile and break easily. I use to remove at least 2 or 3 alarms off the chinese scooters a week. Geely was the worst piece of crap out there. And yes over time they will drain your battery. Do not use chinese parts and do not get a chinese scooters. The only good chinese engine is called a linghaih yamaha engine. And that engine still sucks compared to Japan engines.
Oh yah you said it does not drain your friends battery. That is not yet. Just wait and watch his new scooter fall apart fast. the first thing that will happen is he will start to break belts. Chinese scooter love to break belts because of a cheap clutch set ups. I could go on and on about the nightmares of chinese scooters.

Taz
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I know all about the chinese junk, but i never really had bad luck with it. if you run good oil in the motor and don't treat it like a dirtbike they run forever.

This guy with the alarm has had the scooter since 2005 and it's still working, and he replaces his battery every other year. That's typical I guess.

But about the belt, this one has shredded several. A Dio or SE50 clutch and Elite variator solved that problem last year.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

I use these. I have several including the one for laptops which has a motion alarm on it, jiggle it and it screams at you. I use them on my quads, the scooter, boats and boat trailers and some old guns I have in a display case.

http://www.lockalarm.com/
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
oldrock
Goped
Goped

Post by oldrock »

I like the idea of an alarm with a built in battery. Maybe something powered by a couple of AA batteries so it isn't super expensive to replace them or could use rechargable ones.
1985 spree 49cc offsets my
1969 mustang w/390 big block
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Great idea Bear. I might look into this instead, im sure if someone tried to get my 99 my neighbors would know about it...
carp
Spree
Spree

Post by carp »

I like those,about the same as a cable lock but with a alarm....great idea.Thanks for the heads up.Carp
'98 sa50(thanks evailone),'95 sa 50,'86 spree(thanks wikked_spree57) ,'82 nu,'81 puch,'80 nc,(2)'78nc
'78 ranchero,'77 pinto wagon,'64 t bird,'48 ford tudor,'31 ford furdor
and they all need lots of love !!!