Bought an Aero, how did I do?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Bought an Aero, how did I do?

Post by Lunytune »

Looks like you are on your way to a restoration. You cracked me up on the "no compression" spark plug.

On the plastic, my son in law uses a mix of bleach to strip the dead paint. You may be surprised what is under there. He treated my Jog that way and then polished with Turtle Wax. What I thought was dead white needing repainting, turned out to be Pearl White with nice sheen.

On the cracks, use ABS 0r PVC glue. It's about the only thing that will work. Work it into the crack from the back side, let it set. Then reinforce from back side with fiberglass and ABS or PVC glue. In case you've never worked with fiberglass, coat the plastic with glue first, lay in the fiberglass, and then MOP the glue on. Do not brush. You'll learn why first time you do it. I've even repaired broken tabs with this procedure.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
forrestking
Goped
Goped

Post by forrestking »

It's alive. I put a new plug in it, used the wikispreedia to get the shop manual and see how the oil pump goes back together... then degreased the engine and underside.

It starts right away, and the engine runs great. Driving it... not so great.
Here is a link to my problem post over in the technical section.
Spreetography
BMX
BMX

Post by Spreetography »

Im developing a very strong craving for one of these.
"Great opportunities are often missed, being mistaken for work." :D

1985/86 Spree mixture