battery location and stand trick

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

joegus
Noob
Noob

battery location and stand trick

Post by joegus »

I just got my girlfriend a 1988 Honda elite lx 50cc scooter, where is the battery located? I can't find the darn thing..... and she has a hard time getting it up on the stand, is there a trick..Please help....concretegus@gmail.com....thanks
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: battery location and stand trick

Post by martynkim »

First of all WELCOME!No tricks involved. Just place the stand down and pull back Battery should be under the seat :coolcruise:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

martynkim wrote:First of all WELCOME!No tricks involved. Just place the stand down and pull back Battery should be under the seat :coolcruise:
I thought the battery was behind the foot on all sa50 body bikes. She can grab ahold of the luggage rack and lift some, that will make it lighter on the feet.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

You gotta pull plastic to get to the battery. It is immediately in front of the engine, behind the gray cover. Not one of Honda's better ideas. Gotta think about this. It's been awhile since I pulled mine. Seems you can pull that cover with a bolt inside the storage compartment, right under the seat hinge. Then there are tabs on the side. Be careful with tabs on scooters. We're dealing with vintage, er uh, brittle plastic that breaks easy.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

From oft-repeated Wheel-Memory: :surprise:

1. Remove the rear rack. (2 easy and 2 tricky 10mm hex nuts...) Hang the rack somewhere from a wire coat-hanger so it doesn't pull the taillamp wire.
2. Remove the slotted-head bolt from the front of the underseat bin and the 2 10mm hex-head bolts at the bottom of the storage bin.
3. Remove the cap from the oil tank.
4. Lift the bin out with the saddle attached.
5. Check out those brittle dry tabs and you'll see why it's worth removing the storage bin before you try to peel off the front footwell cover, at least the first time. The battery cover can come off without removing all that other stuff, but chances are you'll break things until you know how it all fits together.

Good luck!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Wheelz, you're probably right on that. It's a lot of work to do it your way, but the looser you can get things, the easier it "should" come off. Ever work on the ole Volkswagen Bug? It does become a rattletrap before you get to what you want.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes