Plastic Resto..

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Plastic Resto..

Post by mustangwagz »

So recently i decided it was time to shine my new whip.. (The Dual Sport)

The spree never really needed shined up..it was * shaweet to begin with..lol anyhow..

The bike i have has some Red plastic parts on it, i decided to try and restore them from they're dull uglyness and sun faded goodness. With MUCH success, i did just that.. (pics soon to come)

The red was actually more like a white-ish color..i used 3M scotchbrite to scuff all the white, flaky * of them, and back to the good, wholesome redness. I then used a "headlight Restoration kit" by CV Chemicals (www.myheadlights.com) and applied the kit to my plastics.

I knew it did an awesome job on headlight lenses that had yellowed with time, figured it was worth a shot on typical plastics. WOW, it worked great, lemme tell ya. I did the RH side for a comparrison to the left one. Tomorrow imma see how it holds up in the sunlight. I'm very happy with the results i got.

Just a thought i figured i'd share with you fellow riders. If its dull and poopy, try this and see how it works.

NOW I MUST WARN YOU, The product doesnt come with a whole lot of these chemicals, BUT, a little goes a long way with this stuff. both rear side panels MIGHT be do-able with this kit. Then another would be needed for the front prolly. But it does produce some nice results.

Oh yah, btw, typically these kits can be found at walmart or Advanced Auto parts. They come in a silver Foil looking bag thingy. Like the kinda bag that Jack Links * comes in? know what i mean. lol Yah that kinda bag! haha.

Anyhow, lemme know if ya try it and how your results turn out. and like i said, ill get some pics up tomorrow!
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Plastic Resto..

Post by maddog »

I use kit scratch away which is a hand glaze, now that you have exposed a fresh layer of paint you need to seal it, look for a wax sealent otherwise that fresh exposed paint will go back to faded original.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

maddog wrote:I use kit scratch away which is a hand glaze, now that you have exposed a fresh layer of paint you need to seal it, look for a wax sealent otherwise that fresh exposed paint will go back to faded original.
Not with the headlight restore on it. That stuff will seal it just fine, as it does the clean lens in headlights.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
RZRob
Goped
Goped

Post by RZRob »

I sprayed my pink scooters with Pledge (seat gauges, hand controls, mirrors and turnsignals, rubber bits etc.) and let it soak in over night. Then I used Color Restorer making a point to stay clear of the decals. Then I wiped her all down to get the chemicals off, used a quality cleaner wax, then topped them off with another dousing of Pledge, wiped to a shine. I used rust remover and ScotchBrite on the chrome.

The results were phenomenal.

RZ Rob

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Cool RZ.. Mine worked great too.. kinda hard to tell in picture..but in person..wow! lol BIG difference!

THis is BEFORE..

This is AFTER i done the other side..

-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)