85 gyro cylinder

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sanj72
BMX
BMX

85 gyro cylinder

Post by sanj72 »

Hello all. Does any one know if an 85 gyro cylinder can be replace with a cylinder from Another Honda scooter model. Anyone know of anyother performane parts for it
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 85 gyro cylinder

Post by eliteguy50 »

sanj72 wrote:Hello all. Does any one know if an 85 gyro cylinder can be replace with a cylinder from Another Honda scooter model. Anyone know of anyother performane parts for it
86 gyro S cylinder will fit.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Thanks but I was thinking may be a bbk for a spree or an nb50. I just picked one up with low compression. Hoping it's only rings or the reed. It's pretty cool design though. I was tring to find a performance parts source for the roadfox
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

sanj72 wrote:Thanks but I was thinking may be a bbk for a spree or an nb50. I just picked one up with low compression. Hoping it's only rings or the reed. It's pretty cool design though. I was tring to find a performance parts source for the roadfox
Oh, I have never seen anything like that. You can make your own by boring out the cylinder and getting a piston to fit. Otherwise, the only bolt on mod I know is to install an elite piston with one ring.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

The exhaust port on the Spree and Aero50 (85-87) cyls do not clear the crankcase. I've have not checked the 83/84 Aero 50 cyl.

That said, member 'dkmusic' posted a link to a guy on youtube with a teaser video of an NN50 Gyro with a bore kit. If you look close, there is no cooling shroud, and no details at the exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAHbBXWdRY
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Took it apart today apart lawt nite & sawthat the bottom ring was stuck (has only 55 psi). I cleaned everything & fitting a 86 domes piston w/ring that I had in another motor and it working (it has 125psi now). Only noe it idles great , but if I go pass 3/4 to fill throtle it boggs out & dies. If any one has any ideas where to stat please feel free to chime in (& yee I did search the form for bogging)
capturedbyrobots
Goped
Goped

Post by capturedbyrobots »

Rejet richer on the main jet.
Go up a few jet sizes...
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

sorry for all the mis-spelling in the previous post. Can't type worth a darn from my itouch.:smile:
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Anybody know where i can get the original cylinder bore out to allow for a bbk elite 72cc piston? This may be the only choice that I have in order to get thing a little more top speed. I ill also have to find a little taller tire to get there to.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Your stock cylinder will not bore that big. The biggest you can go is 44mm. I have a piston if you need one.

Taz
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Hey Taz wanna make a Gyro Big Bore Kit?
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

bradthreee wrote:Hey Taz wanna make a Gyro Big Bore Kit?
Yeah, he could sell like...4?
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Status update. I have orderd a 44mm piston form taz & going to have the cylinder bored. I'm currently looking for a honda hobbit expansion pipe I can mod to work with my configuration. May be find a little taller (go kart) tire & change the clutch springs & the main jet to like an 85 as a starting point (stock in mine is a 75). Right now with the as is it goes about 28 on flat ground, but the tires are completly bald so there about 1/2"-3/4" od short hence the lower top speed. If anyone has some ideas please chime in.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

zuphilius wrote:
bradthreee wrote:Hey Taz wanna make a Gyro Big Bore Kit?
Yeah, he could sell like...4?
I know alot of Gyro owners would love to be able to go faster than 30mph. As for how many, who knows?
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

sanj72 wrote:Status update. I have orderd a 44mm piston form taz & going to have the cylinder bored. I'm currently looking for a honda hobbit expansion pipe I can mod to work with my configuration. May be find a little taller (go kart) tire & change the clutch springs & the main jet to like an 85 as a starting point (stock in mine is a 75). Right now with the as is it goes about 28 on flat ground, but the tires are completly bald so there about 1/2"-3/4" od short hence the lower top speed. If anyone has some ideas please chime in.
The largest tire you can fit on there with retaining your plastics would be a 5.30/4.50-6. Take off the plastics then the next question would be how much money you wanna spend? There are some real nice things over in Japan that you might be able to get to work. Even a larger rim if you wanna go that route