Comparing Harley dynoglide to my EliteE

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Comparing Harley dynoglide to my EliteE

Post by elitedio »

An old friend showed up about dusk with his new Harley an 08 with big FI motor, My god the forks look to be 2" diameter! Says take it for a ride! I do and am impressed with it. Open the throttle and it goes. Shift the gears and it shifted. No clunk No noise just click.

I had not seen him for a few years so I reciprocate. I pull out the Elite E and let him go on it. This dude is 240 pounds. He rides out the drive way and pretty soon he is going gone past the trees. He comes back and says he was not impressed at 10 mph but when he hit 20 it went to 40+ up the hill. He had a real sh eating grin.

Needless to say he was quite impressed. Well we were both impressed. This gentleman and I have always let eachother ride our new bikes. I have had several liter or bigger bikes and always enjoyed the power. I think the last two gifts were to me, I got to ride his Honda Valkyrie and now this Harley beast. The Valkyrie is a bit faster but both are monsters. I have had things like vmax, FZR1000 and CBX. My biggest now is a 700 (it can go 110).

No matter what you ride wear you helmet.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Wheelman-111

Re: Comparing Harley dynoglide to my EliteE

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yup, 50mm fork legs on the Dyna. My Sportster is over 100 pounds lighter than the Dyna, but every time I straddle it lately I'm reminded what a pig it is to ride. I can barely U-turn it on a city street, whereas the same maneuver on Flash can be done in a parking space.

I can get to the Quickee Mart and back in the time it takes for the HD to warm up, too. Every bike has a purpose, but around town, long live scooters.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Yeah a pig but a nice one. I burned my lower leg on the pipe on the rt side getting on and cooked my left leg on the oil tank getting off. I turned it around twice on our 20 foot wide roads, slowly with a leg down just in case. :roll: I think I rode it 4 miles it adsorbed the rough crp on our blacktop. You have to remember that I have haven't been on a powerful bike since I rode a crf450 last month.
Seems like my old friends are nice to me. :peace: Bring me expensive toys and let me twist them. I repay them by not crashing. Crashing sux.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Either of my bikes take quite a while to warmup, the only time difference is gearing up. The moped only gets helmet, gloves, and shoes, while the streetbike adds kneepads + jeans, a MC jacket, and I upgrade to my better gloves and riding boots.

I have a few friends that I'll swap with for a test run, but I have crashed a friend's moped before, definitely not fun. I fixed all the damage and even threw in some extra cash after the repairs were done, but I still felt horrible about it. I'm much more hesitant now to just jump on anyone's ride.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

i don't let people ride my scoots as my suspension is dialed in for my weight.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!