Nipples

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Accolay
Goped
Goped

Nipples

Post by Accolay »

Don't get excited!

Specifically the fuel nipple for a PA carb off an SB50 I was sending off. As I took the carb off, the fuel nipple came out/off with the fuel line. This is a pressed-in brass tube, yes? It's not supposed to come out, no? I did put it back in, and I can't get it out now with my greasy little fingers, but I'm worried it will leak. I don't want to send the part off if it's broke. What do you think?

Also, how did a mouse climb all the way up to eat my hamburger buns, and where is he hiding?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Nipples

Post by Trafficjamz »

Accolay wrote:Don't get excited!

Specifically the fuel nipple for a PA carb off an SB50 I was sending off. As I took the carb off, the fuel nipple came out/off with the fuel line. This is a pressed-in brass tube, yes? It's not supposed to come out, no? I did put it back in, and I can't get it out now with my greasy little fingers, but I'm worried it will leak. I don't want to send the part off if it's broke. What do you think?

Also, how did a mouse climb all the way up to eat my hamburger buns, and where is he hiding?
:smile: Did someone say NIPPLES :smile:

Try adding some solder to the brass tube and shove it back in. (if you can get it out)

Mice are excellent climbers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bt9Ukw1iB0 He is hiding behing the fridge.
Last edited by Trafficjamz on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

i cant stop laughing...that hamburger buns thing was so...random.
ty 4 making my day.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Trafficjamz wrote:
Accolay wrote:Don't get excited!

:smile: Did someone say NIPPLES :smile:

Try adding some solder to the brass tube and shove it back in. (if you can get it out)

He would be better off to epoxy the nipple back in or better yet, tap the hole and install a different threaded nipple.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

Where would I find a threaded nipple for this? If I can't find one, then I am fairly familiar with JB weld.
Last edited by Accolay on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Bear45-70 wrote:
He would be better off to epoxy the nipple back in or better yet, tap the hole and install a different threaded nipple.
I was thinking about that , but did not know if the epoxy would be gas/oil resistant.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Accolay wrote:Where would I find a threaded nipple for this? If I can't find one, then I am fairly familiar with JB weld.
Hardware, auto parts or plumbing supply store.

JB Weld should work.

TJ, epoxy should be fuel and oil resistant. If nothing else, mix up a small batch, let it set up and then let it sit overnight in a container of gas and oil. If it softens it isn't resistant.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

He is hiding behing the fridge
Nope. I checked. Apparently, this is where he likes to * though.
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

Good deal. I always like to know about where to find commodities. I'm not sure they have these at ACE Hardware though. I've spent a good amount of time in there looking at what they got, and I haven't come across any...yet.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Accolay wrote:
He is hiding behing the fridge
Nope. I checked. Apparently, this is where he likes to * though.
mousetrap with peanutbutter gets 'em every time :wink:

check this out for laughs. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pssqhyS ... re=related
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

haha, the mouse on the wall movie is great. i have a mouse in my garage (george the garage mouse) he runs around on my walls as well. ppl usually freak out when they see him. i'm used to him. he lives in an old stereo box i have in the rafters. Hes an only mouse. i check from time to time to make sure there isnt any babies livin in there. i once found a nest in my tackle box. he chewed up a bunch of rubber worms. (bet thats why he's so fat) haha..now this is gonna get the animal activists *, but about 3 yrs ago i left an arbys sandwich on the bench in a sealed clear plastic container...he chewed into it and was inside eating a beef n cheddar sandwich.. i heard him chewin plastic so i waited and watched from afar till he was in. Once inside i calmy got some green, mind altering herbal condiments and began feeding it to him. he immediatly started eating it..screw the sandwich, gimme some of that green stuff! haha. after he ate a few chunks..he sat on top the sandwich for about a half hour. just chillin. (no kidding!!) After his spaced out adventure, he then bored a hole down through the sandwich! Wow what a night for george! haha The next day i returned to a sandwich that was d*** near ALLLLL gone! So here's my conclusion..George LOVES arbys! MmmM, I'm thinkin Arbys!
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Well who doesn't like Arby's after some herbal refreshment? :wink:

Anyhow lets get :b2t:

Weren't we talking about nipples? :naughty:
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Accolay wrote:
Good deal. I always like to know about where to find commodities. I'm not sure they have these at ACE Hardware though. I've spent a good amount of time in there looking at what they got, and I haven't come across any...yet.
yes we do have them...actually we have everything you need.

the nipple(whether u want it in brass, galvanized, or abs) will be in aisle 15(w/ the plumbing stuff) nm... i was wrong. you need the little fuel nipple that kind of looks like a grease zerk...but isnt one. hmmm. nm. they do have grease zerks though...back in HIllman
the jb weld is in aisle 4 w/ the duct tape/adhesives.
the mouse traps/poison are in lawn and garden just before you get to the round up weed killer.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
Accolay
Goped
Goped

Post by Accolay »

I'll look for those nipples. And get some Decon.
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

so i was looking for you at my work today... i didnt find anything that looks like it(but then im in the smallest store in our district)
i did find brass hose barbs. they're threaded on one end...or u can get one that is threaded on both...but i dont think those would work.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80