Fatal Moped Crash in my hometown.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Fatal Moped Crash in my hometown.

Post by Trafficjamz »

A 72-year-old Manistee man, Clifford Lawrence Ake Jr., riding a moped was killed Sunday in an accident at the corner of Maple Street and Fourth Street. The initial investigation by Manistee City Police indicates the moped was southbound on Maple Street where it was struck by a vehicle failing to yield to oncoming traffic entering the intersection at Fourth Street. The vehicle was driven by a 48-year-old Manistee resident. Neither alcohol nor speed were factors in the accident according to the department. The accident remains under investigation.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Fatal Moped Crash in my hometown.

Post by Bear45-70 »

Physics says if a scooter tangle with just about any other vehicle, it is gonna lose big time.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

That just SUCKS... I had a friend in Hawaii run a red light on his moped ....drinkin and riding and go into to a coma for 3 months and come out a complete different person.....miss the original Gary boy!
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Just kinda scary.

I was riding with my friends on THAT road on saturday.

After this accident happend, several of my friends called me, to make sure it was not me.

I went for a short ride today.....I put on my helmet. :wink:

:*: is that the mans shoe lying in the road?
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

You just can't let it get to YOU ......I have seen a couple friends turn into veggies or be semi crippled from the mopes... LIVE LIFE ENJOY IT IT>>>>AND IF THE s*** ROLLS IN THEN OH WELL YOU GAVE IT IT *........and have a couple drinks afterward :smile:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

what a shame. i find stupid * always trying to over take my on my scoot, and then i just lay on my horn and yell at them
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Everyone who rides, has to ride like every other vehicle out there not only doesn't see you, but is TRYING to hit you. If you don't they will get you.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Bear45-70 wrote:Everyone who rides, has to ride like every other vehicle out there not only doesn't see you, but is TRYING to hit you. If you don't they will get you.
I agree watch out for you and everyone else, because everyone else is not watching out for themselves let alone you.
If you can survive the roads on a stock spree you can survive anything!!! Keep it between the ditches rubber side down!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

That is a shame. Doing something fun, now gone.

I tend to ride without a helmet. Have known 3 motorcyclists in our area killed by deer strikes this year alone.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

elitedio wrote:That is a shame. Doing something fun, now gone.

I tend to ride without a helmet. Have known 3 motorcyclists in our area killed by deer strikes this year alone.
You know the medical profession can pretty much fix or replace most of your body. BUT they can NOT fix a damaged brain and that is what a helmet protects. You have a responsibility to yourself and your family to not become a burden to them because you refused to protect your head and brain. When I hit a deer I all but destroyed a high dollar Simpson racing helmet, but the only damage to my head was a balance tube in my right ear knocked loose, which soon reattached itself. WEAR A FRICKIN" HELMET.

"The difference between a wise man and a fool is that the wise man learns from the mistakes others!"
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:
elitedio wrote:That is a shame. Doing something fun, now gone.

You know the medical profession can pretty much fix or replace most of your body. BUT they can NOT fix a damaged brain and that is what a helmet protects. You have a responsibility to yourself and your family to not become a burden to them because you refused to protect your head and brain. When I hit a deer I all but destroyed a high dollar Simpson racing helmet, but the only damage to my head was a balance tube in my right ear knocked loose, which soon reattached itself. WEAR A FRICKIN" HELMET.

"The difference between a wise man and a fool is that the wise man learns from the mistakes others!"

I understand Helmet Laws are unpopular but, It forces people who wont make the right decision to do the right thing. :)
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Munstah666
Goped
Goped

Post by Munstah666 »

:rock: !!! HELMETS ROCKS !!! :rock:
µùѵ£¼Òü«Òé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝Òâ×Òâ│
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Just get a kick * looking helmet so you want to wear it and wear it with pride! My hemet has skulls on it, I figured if I was gonna ride something small I might as well have a badass helmet that looks like a HD rider might wear it! I have bounce my head off the pavment a few times skateboarding and the like and my helmet saved me!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

patthesoundguy wrote:Just get a kick * looking helmet so you want to wear it and wear it with pride! My hemet has skulls on it, I figured if I was gonna ride something small I might as well have a badass helmet that looks like a HD rider might wear it! I have bounce my head off the pavment a few times skateboarding and the like and my helmet saved me!
HD guys don't wear helmets though :P

+1 for cool helmets though, I like to show mine off as much as possible. I may be out in shorts + a tshirt most of the time, but you'll be hard pressed to find me out of the driveway without my helmet.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Wearing a helmet is a smart thing to do. It is a choice that has to be made every time that I start up.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA