Noob with '85 and '86 Honda Spree's

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

kparrott
Noob
Noob

Noob with '85 and '86 Honda Spree's

Post by kparrott »

Hello everyone, first post and a first time scooter owner. I recently got my hands on two Honda Spree's, an 1985 and 1986. Being in college and not having a garage, I've decided to store them in my bedroom in my apartment(one is in the closet).

I'm in the process of tearing one down to clean it up and get it running. However, neither came with titles... I was wondering if anyone has tried this through Michigan:
http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-12 ... --,00.html

It seems easy and straight forward, but I might be over looking something... Anyone had any experience with it? I just dont want to get to involved for nothing.

Here is a picture from the CL ad...
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Noob with '85 and '86 Honda Spree's

Post by eliteguy50 »

I believe Michigan does not issue titles for the Spree. It is just a hand written bill of sale and $15 then you have a sticker good for three years. At least, that is what some of the Michigan members keep telling us that have title issues with the PITA registrar.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
kparrott
Noob
Noob

Post by kparrott »

eliteguy50 wrote:I believe Michigan does not issue titles for the Spree. It is just a hand written bill of sale and $15 then you have a sticker good for three years. At least, that is what some of the Michigan members keep telling us that have title issues with the PITA registrar.
You are correct... You guys can go ahead and get on me for not searching the topic first :)

So next question is, getting these scooters from Michigan, does anyone know how I'd get a title in Ohio??? I would think a bill of sale would be enough?

Thanks again guys!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

kparrott wrote:
eliteguy50 wrote:I believe Michigan does not issue titles for the Spree. It is just a hand written bill of sale and $15 then you have a sticker good for three years. At least, that is what some of the Michigan members keep telling us that have title issues with the PITA registrar.
You are correct... You guys can go ahead and get on me for not searching the topic first :)

So next question is, getting these scooters from Michigan, does anyone know how I'd get a title in Ohio??? I would think a bill of sale would be enough?

Thanks again guys!
I don't know about Ohio law, but in Iowa, we have to apply for a bonded title. Don't even need a BOS for that although it doesn't hurt, it is really just a pain with a lot of paperwork and money into the state. Eventually you will get your title though if it is not a stolen bike and you have not run out of money.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by KillinSpree »

It is a pain in the * to get a title for a spree in ohio. Id love to get my special titled but time and money would be an issue as already stated above. I believe you have to go to court as well.
1984 Honda Spree White
1987 Honda Spree Blue
cooter69
BMX
BMX

Post by cooter69 »

"I'm storing them in my bedroom and in my closet."
Thats awesome.
How much did you pick them up for?