New to the club!!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

bmccaffry
Goped
Goped

New to the club!!

Post by bmccaffry »

Hi everyone. I Recently bought a 1994 honda elite S for a hundred dollars!! It wasnt running when I bought it but just had to put a new carb on it. I then went through and derestricted it and put a Ruckus variator on it and a new air filter. I am about 6 foot and 235 lbs. I top out at about 36 or 37 miles per hour. Would a stronger center clutch spring do anything for my topend? Any other ideas for more speed other than bigger bore and taller gears? Do I need to have a press to put a stage 2 kit in? Also my muffler is filthy on the inside...does the campfire trick really work? Also probably need a new sparkplug. Looking forward to meeting you guys on here and hope I can help some if anyone else has any questions!!! :hi:
Last edited by bmccaffry on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 Elite S
De-restricted
Ruckus vari 7g
9:1 secondary gears
tai big bore 50mm
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: New to the club!!

Post by Trafficjamz »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17210

there is no need to post the same question in multiple spots. :wink:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Trafficjamz wrote:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17210

No need to be mean!!!!!!! :crazy:

Welcome to the forum
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =pic+video

Gun Post
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=27051

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

KingJeff801 wrote:

Welcome to the forum
Not mean, just the truth and posting the same thing twice is uncivilized and rude.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Bear45-70 wrote:
KingJeff801 wrote:

Welcome to the forum
Not mean, just the truth and posting the same thing twice is uncivilized and rude.
uncivilized and rude? WOW...when did it become uncivilized posting twice on a web site? and rude? how is it rude if the guy is posting in 2 places , he's probably trying to cover more ground. The anger on this website makes me wonder sometimes. Bear you are a wealth of knowledge, but what is the reason to be a *? it doesn't benefit anyone. Thats why we're right? because we love mopeds? so lets chill and not reject people that are not as smart as you or haven't been on this website for years. It makes new comers afraid to post when they are going to get humilated for asking a so called "dumb question", or posting something twice.
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

KingJeff801 wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
KingJeff801 wrote:No need to be mean!!!!!!! :crazy:

Welcome to the forum
uncivilized and rude? WOW...when did it become uncivilized posting twice on a web site? and rude? how is it rude if the guy is posting in 2 places , he's probably trying to cover more ground. The anger on this website makes me wonder sometimes. Bear you are a wealth of knowledge, but what is the reason to be a *? it doesn't benefit anyone. Thats why we're right? because we love mopeds? so lets chill and not reject people that are not as smart as you or haven't been on this website for years. It makes new comers afraid to post when they are going to get humilated for asking a so called "dumb question", or posting something twice.
The same post twice by error is one thing, but to intentional do it is wrong and those that support that type of actions are wrong also. You know, PC morons like you are the reason this crap happens because these clowns think they should be excused for doing wrong.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Welcome BM :hi: TJamz is right about posting. To those that think it is wrong to correct a noob, I ask: How else will the noob ever learn? TJamz winked at the end. Any way, look at bmccaffry's other thread, there are more useful responses to a tech question when it is posted in tech rather than general.

:b2t:
Seeing as everything else has been answered, yes, the campfire trick really does work if the fire is hot enough.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
KingJeff801
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by KingJeff801 »

Bear45-70 wrote:The same post twice by error is one thing, but to intentional do it is wrong and those that support that type of actions are wrong also. You know, PC morons like you are the reason this crap happens because these clowns think they should be excused for doing wrong
doing wrong? was there a PC law broken? Bear you know your stuff and it makes me laugh when someone tells you that you are a "wealth of knowledge" but you can't help to call them a moron after they question your post. Hey , I am just here to make my moped go faster ...hope you are too :happy:
2001 Elite S
72cc Corsa
24mm OKO
Scorpion Pipe

Pic and Vid post

Gun Post

Wrong Side Kings 4 Life
bmccaffry
Goped
Goped

Post by bmccaffry »

well thank you to everyone but the big bad bear!! lol Sorry if I offended anyone by the double post trust me it wont happen again thats a promise!! What a way to make a first impression!! Well once agian sorry to everyone I may have offended and I really do look forward from learning from you guys!! And to bear...dont hate everyone else just cause you are so unhappy with your own life. It must have been real tough for you growing up and I kinda feel sorry for you. No I dont expect to get any info from you in th efuture so dont worry about that.
94 Elite S
De-restricted
Ruckus vari 7g
tai big bore 50mm
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

bmccaffry wrote:well thank you to everyone. lol Sorry if I offended anyone by the double post trust me it wont happen again thats a promise!! What a way to make a first impression!! Well once agian sorry to everyone I may have offended and I really do look forward from learning from you guys!!
I was not offended by the double post :smile:
I was just trying to let the :newb: know that posting the same question twice on hondaspree.net is waste of his own time.
Questions get answered here pretty fast........so why type it out twice. :wink:
And to bear...dont hate everyone else just cause you are so unhappy with your own life. It must have been real tough for you growing up and I kinda feel sorry for you. No, I dont expect to get any info from you in the future so dont worry about that.

:confused: Bear does not HATE everyone. And I am sure he is "happy with his life"

You should not dismiss his future advice.......he knows what he is talking about. :thumbwink:

Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive :eyeroll:

Welcome to the club bmccaffry
:hi:
Last edited by Trafficjamz on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
bmccaffry
Goped
Goped

Post by bmccaffry »

Fair enough traffic. I just read some pretty hateful things he has posted oh some other pages. Come on though. Rude and uncivilized? But your right...let bygones be bygones. Just caught me off guard a little.
94 Elite S
De-restricted
Ruckus vari 7g
tai big bore 50mm
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

bmccaffry wrote:Fair enough traffic. I just read some pretty hateful things he has posted oh some other pages. Come on though. Rude and uncivilized? But your right...let bygones be bygones. Just caught me off guard a little.
Welcome BM! (Bacon and mayo?) hehe, sorry, really hungry and a bmt would be tasty right now...anyhow, as for not asking for bears help, haha..good luck "not getting it" bear knows his s***, and will correct those who he feels/knows are wrong! Thus, preventing you from going in the wrong way.

yes, he gets mad, and frustrated VERY EASILY, but...i would too if i were in his position. I wouldnt throw him under the bus just yet, cuz chances are..your gonna learn something from him! i know i have! couple different times..even non scooter related info! (doods a freakin boat-a-maniac!!)

Anywho, Welcome again, and be safe!!
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
bmccaffry
Goped
Goped

Post by bmccaffry »

Well thank-you! And I know I got mad , but he doesn't know me and can say im. Rude and uncivilized? I know I know I'm over it and thanks for the input!
94 Elite S
De-restricted
Ruckus vari 7g
tai big bore 50mm