Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Zenak
BMX
BMX

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by Zenak »

Nice bike. Looks clean. I like the superbeetle too :2thumbs:
lowburb
Noob
Noob

Post by lowburb »

Thanks. It looks better than it really is but it has potential. I have three Super Beetle/Beetle project cars, too. Too many projects, not enough time/cash to do them all. heh heh
lowburb
Noob
Noob

Post by lowburb »

Jon, I was wondering if you have decided against the front disc conversion. I am quite interested in this but really a noob when it comes to bike mods. Do you have any info on this? Thanks, Michael
SuprasNsprees
Elite
Elite

Post by SuprasNsprees »

Looked but can't find any for sale round here
'86 Honda Spree : taz stage3 w/ mild porting, head milled 0.015", and pulley mod. 2k+ mies on kit
'80 Puch Magnum MKII
'78 Maxi Newport. Polini 64cc case matched, hi comp head, Rito alum crank, delorto 21mm race, etc.
'78 PA50 Hobbit
Zenak
BMX
BMX

Post by Zenak »

lowburb wrote:Jon, I was wondering if you have decided against the front disc conversion. I am quite interested in this but really a noob when it comes to bike mods. Do you have any info on this? Thanks, Michael

Im curious as well.
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey guys,

The front disk conversion still is a definite "go;" ive just keep putting it on the back burner, due to constantly buying Japanese mod parts for my motor and frame. My NS's motor will be complete in a week; I am waiting on 1 last tuning part to arrive from Japan.

-Im thinking I will have the front disc done in a month or so... I have my front rim and a few other parts already. its a pretty expensive conversion, to say the least. Here are some of the parts that will be needed for a tried and true Calamari setup:

RM80 Caliper 'w Calamari adapter plate
17x2.75 Excel Rim
KX80 Hub (will have to find the year)
Buchanan spokes / lace job
Any RM80/KX80 type master cylinder
Speigler Brake line (Custom lengths easily made, usually costs around $80)

I've been looking into swapping a complete, disc brake MX wheel as well... then, all that would have to be done is proper spacing for the disk (to the caliper) and hub.

I *may* be going with another setup...but this conversion would cost a small fortune.

I will keep you guys posted on my progress... :twisted:

Later, jon :peace:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hopefully this will be OK here, since this post is the only "NS50" thread on Hondaspree... :wink:

-If anyone is interested, I have a complete set of NS hubs (with brake sides), powdercoated in Dupont metallic silver. They look amazing. All hardware for brake side included as well.

OEM, NS50 Headlight bracket powdercoated gloss black, OEM NS50 Headlight "surround" ring (usually chrome) powdercoated gloss black, OEM NS50 headlight (One of my spares. Pulled from an NS with 492 miles) Headlight "bucket" near perfect condition. (oem flat black)

OEM NS50F rear shock (pulled from same low miles NS)

-I have a racing reed setup as well I am not using. Everything has about 1 hour of run time, due to me going for a different setup.
This includes: Kitaco NSR/NS50 billet alum Intake "Reed Stuffer - type" Manifold,
2004 NSR Reed Cage (purchased new from dealer), Boyesen Dual Stage Racing Reeds. (assembled) Very noticeable faster throttle response and acceleration!
*The BEST part about this reed cage setup is you can use just the reed cage with the stock intake manifold and carb, or use the Kitaco manifold and reed cage and install a larger PE24mm Keihin carb (or clone PE carb).

NS50F cylinder head matched (machined) for 44mm bore w' new matched OEM head gasket.

If anyone is interested, shoot me an email directly @ TE37scag@aol.com
Later guys, j :peace:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

I took a few pictures of my NS50F tonight... -Im still waiting on a few more parts, then, on to the wheels!

-j.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Noice!!!
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Thanks, sanj!
:mrgreen:

-j

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Great, now I want one. That's hot!!!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
motormike

Post by motormike »

The level of appreciation I have for your sterile example has increased several notches after buying my "average" NS. My headlight is trashed in all respects, and I couldn't dislike square headlights any less. I just noticed a vintage CEV bucket that was on a Honda 400 SS and the quest to find one is forth-coming...otherwise I would be wanting your spare. Since my bike will not be a restored museum piece, I'm going round. The CEV was found on mopeds and looks to be 4'' with a speedo well that can be utilized as space for a tach. Koso analog has my eye, but $ is like 169...IDK...I feel a strange "inherent need" to be seeing the needle of a tach swinging when i ride the NS. My temptation to take the R's as tight as possible precipitates this need for a tach, even if I go el-cheapo for now and switch it over later. .... :blah: ....okay jon, can't wait for the day WE can rip the pavement thru Music city in a cloud of Castor
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Zenak
BMX
BMX

Post by Zenak »

:shock: wanna trade? Nice work!! Are you gunna paint it? Im still up in the air about painting mine.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Zenak wrote::shock: wanna trade? Nice work!! Are you gunna paint it? Im still up in the air about painting mine.
I just gotta say Zenak, part of the attraction is the color-combo in conjunction with the slash-graphics and that makes me say NO...DON"T change the scheme,,, it's ICONIC...and yours looks plenty good to be ridden. Always, paint is a personal choice.... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Zenak
BMX
BMX

Post by Zenak »

I do agree. It reminds me of when i was a kid, verry "saved by the bell". I think i had sevral shirts that mached. I have a vw van and some people are all about original paint with them even if its rusty and scratched.

I have seen some ns on the net that are different-lets say standard honda paint scheme, they say 1989 ns but they have the three spoke rims and disk brakes. Any one know about them. Are they non US versions or can you make the nsr street legal?

And as far as the decals go. Mine doesn't have them on the back. Was there options on what ones? Hard to find much info on these.