Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by z50r-ghost »

- lukz93;

AMAZING restoration job, man... You are doing EXACTLY what you should be doing, taking everything apart, and cleaning / refinishing / repainting. What a great job! And you are correct: the factory Honda Shop Manual is your best friend during the entire process. Be sure to pay close attention to the torque specifications on all the nuts and bolts. Very important information.

I cannot wait to follow more of your restoration, lukz93. I love seeing a bike BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER the restoration. The "during" pictures as the bike's owner puts hard work into the bike is the best part. You have made some serious progress and should be very proud! Your engine looks very nice, by the way. 8)

As for the radiator.... Look at this link!

(This is MY personal Ebay auction for an HRC NSR50R Radiator.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-HRC-Honda- ... 80&vxp=mtr

-I briefly used this radiator on my NS last year, and was keeping it for a spare. I have recently switched to an even larger CBR250R radiator, so I no longer need this one. It is a genuine Honda HRC radiator. It is much bigger than the original NS radiator and will fit on the NS50F frame perfectly. Cooling is greatly improved!

From the Honda Dealer, this part costs $400!! I paid a little over $200 for it a few years ago.

Anyways, talk to you guys soon! Keep up the great work lukz93! :2thumbs:

Later, jon. :peace:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
lukz93
Noob
Noob

Post by lukz93 »

glad you liked my restoration :peace: today or tomorrow i'll post some more photos of the progress :thumbwink:
and with the radiator, i'm looking it now!
it's on very great shape , how much bigger is than the original? and what says with " This radiator can be setup as a "closed loop" system or with a remote radiator cap" , do you refer to put a cap in the middle od the tube with an "T" union? I am very interested on it jon! :thumbsup: and what about the shipping do you think the radiator will reach argentina in optimal conditions? :( i don't trust much on the "customs oficce treatment to packages..
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Just bought the radiator - Thanks in advance!
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Thanks for picking up the radiator, jcivince- :)

Now I need to source one for lukz93 for his project! ( i will make a couple calls for you man...)''

ANYWAYS.... Please look at one of MY OTHER auctions on Ebay, dudes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAYTONA-JAPAN-6 ... 8d&vxp=mtr

SOMEONE here really needs to buy this for their NS50F! This is absolutely THE bore kit to have in Japan. I am unaware of ANY other Daytona kit here in the USA. More details are in my auction... the best part about this bore kit is it has LITERALLY factory Honda *Reliability.* (replacement parts are always readily available)

The other awesome part is the fact that it can be installed on a totally-stock NS50F, and i will make it run great! BIG power and torque increase! This kit is designed to work with the stock NS50 carb, exhaust, reeds, etc.

However.... When you are ready to add an exhaust, larger carb, etc... The kit WAKES UP even more! Since the stock exhaust on the NS50F can handle a moderate (to 70cc's) increase in displacement, just by adding an aftermarket carb and the kit screams.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, please let me know... no disappointments here... Daytona Japan quality. :2thumbs:

later, jon

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
lukz93
Noob
Noob

Post by lukz93 »

WOW z50r-ghost you have a REALLY great big bore kit! really the power of the bike changes much on the 12cc plus? i'm really thinking on buy it , BUT on this weekend i'm going to a friend's home because he says that got an entire ns throwed away and i'm guessing to buy it on a cheap price! i think if i can buy it on 200 USS it's a good deal or not?

IF i not buy it, i will look your kit better.. sincerely your kit is making me jealouss :ndance: other reason is complicating me its my cylinder head, i think mine is not in perfect condition to coexist with the kit.. what do you think? the kit only comes with the cylinder and piston or not? (sorry to much questions :smile: )

good selling stuff do you have! the tire hubs you have are in perfect state man! , yesterday when i was surfing the internet, i saw a post of you selling more stuff for the NS :surprise: , do you have more things to sell? in this times anyelse spare part interest me :smile:

By the way, REALLY thanks very much for the interest for a radiator for me pal! :peace:

PD: finally I got the complete swingarm freshly painted, today i'll uploading some photos of new progressess :thumbwink:

Again, best wishes from Argentina and sorry my english :nervous:
Zenak
BMX
BMX

Post by Zenak »

z50r-ghost - ummm wow, :worship: just WOW :2thumbs: there are some really nice bikes on here.

lukz93 - nice gauge cluster. looks clean

found some more http://erie.craigslist.org/mcy/3694235431.html one with rims and disks :coolcruise: and one to show 8)
motormike

Post by motormike »

Really appreciate the time taken to post the links....to all... :thumbwink:
I have been passing them to a friend who is serious about getting one.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

thanks Zenak! Much love! :smile:

Extremely nice NS in PA!! I've seen quite a few sets of Honda COMSTAR wheel swaps in Japan, but not one here in the USofA yet! Very nice looking setup.

*COMSTAR wheels were OEM Honda wheels on the MBX. The MBX was a version of the MB-5 in / around 1982-83. Check out that upper radiator fairing!

I really like the red paint job as well. For $1000, this bike will make someone really happy!
I wonder what kind of carb has been installed? Come on Hondaspree guys; this one is a no-brainer!

Hi motormike! :hi: great to hear you are "converting" scooter riders to Shifty NS50F riders! :wink:

Talk soon! jon

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
motormike

Post by motormike »

Actually Jon, no converting: Nick hangs with the Dead Peds and recently acquired MB5.
Now he is seeking the elusive NS50F,...after having already owned RX50. There's an NS50F in Georgia that he is working the deal on now that came from the links here..... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Looking to buy the MacCrane Rearsets off the Japan WeBike website for my NS50F. However, I'm a little concerned about buying the correct set. They have one (1-1502) which is listed for NS50 87 and the other set (1-1503) listed for NS50 -87. Confusion for me is if the 87 is for 1987 only, or does the -87 mean for bikes earlier than 1987 and so the 87 actually means 1987 and later bikes...???

I'm sure I'm overthinking but with the shipping costs being what they are from Japan, I don't want to order something, have to return it, and pay for shipping all over again.

Thanks for any advice!!!
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey jcivince;

I can give you an EXACT answer for your question regarding the MacCrane rearsets, dude...

-I too had the same question around 6 months ago, and had Webike contact MacCrane *directly* to inquire about their rearsets for the NS50F. As well, I asked Webike to ask MacCrane for an actual picture of the rearsets. (Pic on rearsets on WeBike is definitely NOT for NS50F/R...)

Here's the funny part; even MacCrane didn't have a pic of them. -I was informed that these were on a "made to order" basis. I asked quite a few of my Japanese buddy's if they could find a pic of them, but no luck. *i searched for a pic and info on them on the net and could never turn up anything either.
(And I'm pretty experienced searching the Japanese-only websites)

Anyways, give me a few and I will post the return email I got from Webike / MacCrane.

I chose against the MacCrane ONLY because I wanted to go for a rear disc brake setup.
** the MacCrane rearsets I have seen for other models are extremely nice. Not "showy" but more along the "factory" or "racing" look.

Just google "MacCrane back step Japan" / "MacCrane rearsets Japan" / "MacCrane Honda back step" and it should give you an idea of how MacCrane makes their products.

Hope this helps; i will dig up the email in a few minutes...
-jon

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Hey Jon

Thanks for the info about your research on these. Which ones would be the correct part number to order? Did they ever tell you that?

I actually lived in Japan for 8 years - saw a lot of different MacCrane product over the years there. Not excellent quality but not bad.

Big thing for me is getting some rearsets that will let me have reverse/GP shift pattern (1 up/ 5 down). I've converted all of my bikes to this (ride at the track a lot).

Thanks for the help!

-Vince
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Here ya go Vince; this is a copy of the email I received from WeBike after they contacted MacCrane for me:

Dear Jon

Thank you for your inquiry.
We are sorry for confusing you.

The [Model:1-1502] and [Model:1-1503] are actually the same items.
However, you need to inform us the year of your bike at the same time
when you place an order for them.
(You can order them from either page.)
They can fit to a 1990 NS50F.

Therefore, if you would like to place an order, please inform us
your order number and the year of your bike by e-mail after placing
the order.

Please order from this URL.
http://japan.webike.net/products/1783438.html

*Although we asked the manufacturer if they have the actual photo of the product,
unfortunately, they did not.

*According to the manufacturer, it is out of stock now and the next available
date will be mid-October.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

We look forward to serving you at http://japan.webike.net/

* So, it looks like EITHER set will in fact fit the 1990 NS50F. The only real difference in the first generation JDM NS50F was the swingarm setup. The later models used a "link" between the rear shock whereas the early models are the same as our 1990 version; no "link" in the swingarm. I have read guts who race the NS50F / R in Japan prefer the non-link version, because it is stiffer.

Hope this helps; radiator is on the way!

-jc

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey Shifty guys,
I will now take $200 plus shipping for my bore kit if anyone is interested; in case anyone is "on the fence..."

Keep us posted on the MacCrane rear step situation, Jcivince; I'd bet they are super nice!

Later dudes, jon. :peace:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F