Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

lowburb
Noob
Noob

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by lowburb »

jcivince wrote:Very much contemplating selling my NS50 along with lots of aftermarket parts I bought including rearsets that were well over $200 alone(will also be including a number of parts from Jon - ghost that you can look at here in this thread). If anyone is interested, I could help with delivery depending on where you live (bike is in Holland MI 49423). Hit me up with a PM and I can send details. Lower price - looking for $900 and can very likely help with delivery. Tried to add pictures but unable to for some reason (message about system issue)...
That's a good price! Surely someone will pick it up!
wave1173
Noob
Noob

Post by wave1173 »

Still got my NS50F with JDM parts waiting in Hawaii. I think there's only one other NS running on the island.
ns1.JPG
ns1.JPG (123.89 KiB) Viewed 9145 times
ns2.JPG
ns2.JPG (128.94 KiB) Viewed 9145 times
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Post by steezin_and_wheezin »

New homemade workbench to get me out of the shop and into some of this gorgeous weather we've been having.

I've clicked over just short of 500 miles so far and I've absolutely in love.

It was time for the first major round of maintenance - Drained and swapped all new fluids(gear oil, engine oil, and coolant), first good cleaning, and chain clean/lube/adjustment;

New tar coming in soon! The spokers are a little rusty so I'm debating on painting them while they're off and I'll sort my sticky rear brake.
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

So many nice ns50s! So who has a stock exhaust they want to sell me?

Trying to quiet mine down and would love to we experiment with a side bleed on the stock exhaust

Edit: I got an nsr50 tecno exhaust. less than 10 miles onit. Close to stock but more torque and responsive. but the header is pingy. exhaust wrap does reduce that ping to almost nothing. id rather not hack it up...so i'd sell it for $175
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

Also, if anyone is located near Goshen, IN... and if you want a sweet customer pipe. Contact me. I'm working with Devin at MLM Mopeds http://www.mlmopeds.com

It'd be a huge benefit to the entire NS50 community if he had a bike to take measurements and fitting, to experiment with different pipe prototyping, etc
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hello tomjontomtom...check your pm's
I have made you an offer on a NS50F pipe... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

* yeah! now i can get the ball rolling and maybe we will see some usa handmade ns50f pipes coming out in the next few months :)
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Got this for cheap off ebay. Love hoarding any literature I can on my projects.. Even if they are just dumb owners manuals
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

very nice! i have a honda ns50f service manual. complete, with some color coded wiring schematics if anyone needs specific scans
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

* yeah, I'm about to jump on a service manual hard copy. No luck finding a PDF copy floating..
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Post by GKinTN »

Nice to see some new members and activity here! I no longer have my MB5 or CB175, but I did keep my favorite.being the NS50F. Thinking of maybe doing True Grits again this year, and I hear Motormike is also already planning on it. My NS50F has now turned over 2,000 miles up from the 800 or so it had when I bought it 3 years ago. Even though my NS50F has seen some dormant months I find that running ethanol free gas and draining the carb bowl makes storage a non event. I highly suggest a gel battery conversion for the NS as you don't even need to run them on a trickle charger and the first one I tried (on my MB5) made it 6-7 years. You do have to adapt the terminals, but I found one that was a very close fit only needing a little foam rubber to stay put in the original battery box. I'm still breaking in the OEM stock size Michelin Gazelle tires, though I suspect I got one that is slightly out of round. They did balance out well with just a little stick on lead weight, but I think one of them is slightly lumpy but not bad. Nothing else to report though I found a NOS chain guard for it last week that should be here soon.
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

i never enjoyed the michelin gazelle on the ns. lots of spinning mass, not the best grip, not very confident cornering... but durable and a thick sidewall.

now the shinko sr244. holy crap. inexpensive, great cornering, long lasting, super rigid side wall. but a little slippering in rain on ashpalt/oil. Im floored by the utility and durability.

a gel battery is great too. halogen head lamp, stock tail (so bright!), leg turn signals and dual flashing led rear stop lamps under the stock rear lamp and above the license plate bracket (small profile bike + lots of night riding. i like to be noticed... * even in the day it catches your eye)

oh and usb plug and ciggarette plug ... cuz why not
motormike

Post by motormike »

tomjontomtom wrote:usb plug and ciggarette plug ... cuz why not

...cuz there's only one reason to be on a moto....to RIDE.
RideRed
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

motormike wrote:

well yeah. as a daily rider with a 45 min commute (who am i kidding, its a morning and after noon joy ride!) being able to charge my phone is great. Then there is gps when I'm exploring
motormike

Post by motormike »

tomjontomtom wrote:
motormike wrote:

well yeah. as a daily rider with a 45 min commute (who am i kidding, its a morning and after noon joy ride!) being able to charge my phone is great. Then there is gps when I'm exploring
Sorry, I had a senior moment... :urban:
RideRed