Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by tomjontomtom »

ill allow it. compass and map for trails. gps for city slicking.
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Post by GKinTN »

I decided to try a set of IRC NR53 tires on my NS50F. They should be here tomorrow and size wise I went with a pair of 2.75 x 17. I remember seeing some NR53s on an MB5 a couple years ago and thought they almost look like IRC's copy of the Bridgestone BT39 race tire. I really liked the 18" BT39s on my old MB5, though it's a shame they don't come in a size that would work on a stock 17" rim NS50F. That said, my Gazelles were working well enough on my NS but one of them is a bit out or round, and balanced or not isn't as smooth as it should be. New tire time again!
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Post by GKinTN »

The IRC "Zap" NR53 tires went on quickly without any difficulty, 2.75" x 17 front and rear. I rolled each wheel/tire assembly on a loose axle (with the brake drum pulled) to find the heavy side and it took about 1/2oz to balance the front and 3/4oz for the rear. I first test things with various coins taped to the rims, then once I get the best balance I'll weigh the coins on a gram scale and then mount the same general weight in 1/4oz lead squares using double sided foam tape. Nice predictable feeling tires. I can tell going from a 3" rear to a 2.75" reduced the effective gearing slightly, though I was still able to get the bike to an indicated 62mph on a mild downhill. My engine is stock, though I'm running a counter shaft sprocket 1 tooth taller than original. The tires have a nice modern sport bike tire look to them which fit the bike well. I put 70 miles on them today...
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

I'll just leave this here. Don't know if you can see the pesos balancing the wheels on my pic. Why waste money on lead? Haha

Stock engine. 18mm mikuni. Cylinder is ported... Just widened intake and exhaust. And soon hopefully a nice side bleed based on the stock exhaust.

Does that extra help run out 1st gear?
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Post by steezin_and_wheezin »

Rad ride Tom!
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Post by GKinTN »

A very nice (but optimistically priced) NS50F for sale on CL with all the "Hondaline" options. Has the headlight fairing, both body fairings, tach, and crash bar. I'll admit It seems almost impossible to find these options separately, except for the tach...maybe. Seller says they only made 200 of these bikes, hmmm...I don't know I'd maybe believe more like 2000 or maybe more. That said nice looking bike> http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/5155475154.html
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

d***, I'd slay for those plastics!! Lucked out on good tails with OG decals, but not a peep on the rad/chin/headlight fairings front
EeroW
Noob
Noob

Post by EeroW »

Man I'd almost give up my extra bike just to have those fairings!

Thanks Tom for helping me get some decent plastics. I know they will make this bike as silly as it needs to be.

I have an extra bike sitting around I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get Devin on the ns50 game.

So far, my favorite combo is the Turbokit pipe sold on Treatland.tv with this Charmo 65 kit. The charmo kits aren't anything compared to the Daytona kit or other Japanese nsr style kits.

I am converting all my bikes to Dellorto carbs and getting rid of this 24 oko on this bike now if anyone wants it.

I am thinking about doing the true grits ride. Anyone in between West Alabama and North Georgia that wants to carpool?
motormike

Post by motormike »

EeroW wrote: I am converting all my bikes to Dellorto carbs and getting rid of this 24 oko on this bike now if anyone wants it.

I am thinking about doing the true grits ride. Anyone in between West Alabama and North Georgia that wants to carpool?
Bring me that carb...to Suches.
See you there ! !.... :wink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

It's rough sailing with Devon. He really does need an ns50 for him to prototype pipes. Copying a stock pipe and making theoretical changes only gets you so far.

In related news. I still have a new tecno exhaust up for sale
EeroW
Noob
Noob

Post by EeroW »

I'll bring the carb, and maybe throw this intake setup in the mix. It's awkward but it works. I want to setup this reed block riser I got from moped division with hopefully the spare athena Puch e50 intake I have which should be large enough for this bike. http://www.mopeddivision.com/athena-sty ... 0-and-mb5/

I like my tecno pipe, it is very peaky, and loud in a fun way. It rusted up over night in this humidity though.

I may have a tecnigas pipe for sale. new, with no baffle....

WHO WANTS TO TAKE A BIKE TO DEVIN?!
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

Yeah its a strong pipe. The other tenco i have, I sprayed it with some ceramic bbq paint and wrapped it. As "quiet" as a stock pipe now
EeroW
Noob
Noob

Post by EeroW »

I got that backward I have an extra tecno pipe. Last pipe I sprayed I forgot to heat cycle it and all the paint fell off.

The technigas pipe is harder hitting with less rpm range. Better for lots of turns, kinda like the stock pipe, and the turbo kit is all high rpm fun. The homeot pipe I have yet to try it's so tiny I bet it will be high rpm too.
EeroW
Noob
Noob

Post by EeroW »

Has anyone put a 19-21 mm Dellorto carb on their bike before? what jets you expect i should try?
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

d***, looks like we nixxed a couple posts after that site crash. What type of tar are you running Tom?