Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by tomjontomtom »

ah, the shinko 244. theyre knobbies.

they have a thick side wall and excellent wet/dry traction. surprisingly sticky. I ride every day in 100+ texan heat on some pretty awful roads. deflate them if youre going offroading.

I HATED the gazelles on my ns50f. I've had them on a bunch of ~40mph mopeds, but they lack the traction I prefer in wet conditions and I feel safer and more secure in corners on my shinko 244.

if you have quality roads to ride on or a track, I LOVE hutchinson gp1s. hands down my favorite track tire. absolutely terrible on wet surfaces tho

lastly, there is a very nice NS50 on craigslist in Minnesota http://brainerd.craigslist.org/mcy/5189018466.html

Eerow, off the top of my head, a friend has a 19mm dell on his stock ns. I think he had in 95ish main. No idea on slide, needle or anything else.

Also, i still have my tecno pipe for sale. I'll take offers. I'll also trade it straight up for a stock pipe. Unfortunately Devin and I have reached an agreement that without an NS50 available for him to test/tune, then he will not be producing any ns50 pipes. He's on the hunt for one though
EeroW
Noob
Noob

Post by EeroW »

Sorry guys my car broke down the week of the True Grits it looked like everyone had fun!

I'm contemplating giving my spare bike to devin for the purpose of getting a domestic made pipe on the market while there is still a buzz for these bikes. His work is stellar, too.

The bike I have has battleaxe tires on it, pretty grippy

I'm busy buying a house and moving so I'll catch up with ya'll in the spring time most likely. have fun out there!
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

Wish there would be someway for me to convince you to loan your spare bike to Devin. When I spoke with him, he would only need the bike for a week or less

might as well drop it off with him while you move :p less for you to cart around
harrrdy
Noob
Noob

Post by harrrdy »

FS: Honda NS50F - Nashville, TN - $1000

* Clean TN title in my name
* 7,054 miles
* I have side fairing, no decals
* Lots of life on both tires
* Tank does not leak, clean inside
* Dent on left side of tank as well as brazing on the left tank seam to seal up past tank leak
* Additional after market CDI avail for purchase $50.

Email me for pictures - nickjhardy@gmail.com
Attachments
Nick H. I.jpg
Nick H. I.jpg (173.66 KiB) Viewed 10538 times
Dbroogs
Goped
Goped

Post by Dbroogs »

Honda MB5 Alert!

In Wisconsin for any takers.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/5568765820.html
'96 Elite (57MPH)
Malossi cast iron 72cc
Stock setup: 6g rollers, 90MJ
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Post by steezin_and_wheezin »

Just looked back. Bought this unit the weekend of March 29th 2015. So just over 1 year searching, I have found the gold at the end of the rainbow;

Now to put on my new tires and brake shoes
Last edited by steezin_and_wheezin on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

wow that looks great! well worth the effort

does anyone have a chain guard they'd like to sell? I've been looking for one and have had no luck
GKinTN
Goped
Goped

Post by GKinTN »

I bought a NOS NS50F chain guard last year on Yahoo Japan auction. The trick is you pretty much have to go through an auction broker to get anyone to ship from Japan to the USA. So a middle man company buys in your behalf then ships it to the USA. My $35 chain guard worked out to be about $75 when it was all said and done. That said it is NOS perfect and got here fast.
tomjontomtom
BMX
BMX

Post by tomjontomtom »

hey thanks, I'll look into that!

I finally picked up a Daytona kit, as cbr250r radiator, ebc clutches and springs, posh cdi, vforce reeds and moose spacer, and a proma pipe to make my own side bleed (with adjustable rear bleed).

going to keep my 20mm mikuni

it's hot as * in TX right now, so it seems like a good time for s complete tear down and rebuild, rewire, new brake lines (still running drums, chamfer them and clean then once a month to stop on a dime)

now I need to find a local powder coater for the frame, triple tree and exhaust
D3ltron
Noob
Noob

Post by D3ltron »

Hey guys, got me a NS50 and have Ben having problems finding the right CDI. Bought a few of the DZE aftermarket CDI's but they we're all faulty. Anybody got any info on where to find one?

Thanks
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Bigger projects are wrapping up and getting road worthy so figured it's time to pull the NS off the road and swap over the new tar.

When your stands don't fit the bike, but you're dying to test fit the new tar;

Fought the front tire for a d*** minute. These pilot sporty's are some of the stiffest tires I've ever attempted to install with just me and my 2 tire spoons. An hour or so wrestling the old tire off and the new tire on. Slapped it on to test fit and I put the d*** thing on backwards!! I do that every time :( Also attempted to use the trashbag trick to get the tire on.. MISTAKE! Haha.. The bead was so tight on these tires that I was unable to slide the bag out once tire was on.

Decided I'd had enough on this tire install. Pulled the rear and dropped them with my local shop. Will get the front's direction corrected, trash bag removed, and new rear tire/tube swapped on. Should be done today hopefully. Can't wait to start scrubbing them in

NomNomNom

Really need to find(or build) stands that fit this mini monster. For now she'll just nap on my shop futon
steezin_and_wheezin
Noob
Noob

Tires went on yesterday and look fantastic!! Michelin pilot sporty tire - 90/80 front and 110/80 rear

I'll have to massage the chain guard a bit to clear, but other than that everything has plenty of breathing room. Can't wait to feel the ride, hoping the different size still feels as quick and nibble as the stock size. Just need to buttoned up and scrubbed in.

Decided to leave the existing brake shoes on. Looks to have been swapped in the past and they still have plenty of life. Will be holding onto my ebc set of shoes as backups.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

That bike is so pretty.<3 I need me a nice clean stock bike like that.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Ronnie G
Noob
Noob

Post by Ronnie G »

Greetings,

Just picked up a NS 50 last week for the True Grits Run in Suches Ga. The bike needs a lot of work, currently sorting thru the last
owners lack of maintenance and mods. :confused:
The tank had some dents in it so instead of pulling the dents he drilled holes in the tank! :crazy:

I was surfing the web and saw where some of the members here have NS50 and have ran the True Grits.
Hopefully they are still posting and maybe we can hook up there if they are still running it.

My daughter has been bugging me for the last five years to run it so I have picked up three bikes,
Got an Kawasaki 90cc G3ss for her and a Aprilia Rs50 for her fiance. The NS 50 will be for me if I
can get it running in time.

Currently I have no spark to the plug on the NS 50. Have been checking the obvious with no luck.
Does any of the gurus who have experience with this bike happen to have a wiring diagram?
I am an old points, plug and condensor guy so this CDI stuff is new to me.
Would appreciate any help I can get as time is running out and ill never hear the end of it if I
am not able to run the True Grits with her.
Thanks,
Ronnie G
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hey Ronnie... :hi:
Great to hear about your ambition for the Grits.
Most likely your NS needs a CDI or a coil...otherwise it's a wiring break.
If you need some parts or advice, get in contact with Blake or Tyler at
www.doscycles.com ...they are in GA...and they are True Grits riders.
Hope to pass you there..lol...motormike
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"