Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by z50r-ghost »

WOOOOOW Sanj!!! Sh*t dude, I did not even get a chance to measure mines for you yet!

That's some great news, dude! I'm thrilled for ya- once you get yours home (do you have it in your possession yet?) you will see just how much technology is crammed into that little bike... It's an all out motorcycle!

A couple months back a friend of mine was over at my house while I was working on my NS. he told told me he simply had to have am NS of his own. I called a buddy in town who literally has 200+ motorcycles in his personal collection. Of course he had 3 NS's in his stash, and told me "sure, i can part with one... But it will need a bit of work."

Get this; my buddy who had the bike told me the bike had only 190 miles on it, and it's still got the original temporary tag. Here's the kicker; it's been outside for the past 15 years. Ouch.

My friend and I went to my buddy's "cycle warehouse" and after giving it a good look, my friend bought the neglected NS. -immediately I took his "new" bike to my garage to begin the process of a small but complete restoration / prep to get it running.

It was a much, much bigger job than I planned! After a few weeks of working on it each night, I got it to the point of looking 200% better and running like new... For all my efforts, my friend bought me my NOS tank for my NS. (again, much love J.S.)

Anyways bro....My first tip... Shop WEBIKE to find all types of parts like pipes, carb kits, body parts, meters, etc. I'm guessing you probably already have done that though!

Please post up pics of your NS! I'd love to see just how it looks when you picked it up... :love:

If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. Some engine parts can be sourced here in the USA. ALL "NSR 50" engine parts are compatible with your NS engine. They both share the same engine. :2thumbs:

I can only imagine your plans, bro- I've seen your Ruckus and Dio builds;
Now Sanjuro is going to put his "touch" on an NS!

This will be a build to follow!! :worship:

Talk soon man, jon. :smile:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

:surprise: HOLY s***!!!

AWESOME!!!
:surprise:
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Seriously Jon, your bike is awesome. I just plan to enjoy mine stock for awhile and not have to mess with premix. Right now, I've got two four stroke motorcycles, and I really was craving that 2-stroke buzz. That Libra Pro pipe of yours is sweet. I saw it on webike, but I figure that's going to need a 68-72cc kit to maximize it's potential. Kind of nervous about lifting out a bike with drum brakes. I get the bike in 10-15 days since it has to be shipped.

Was wondering where you got your brake levers from. One of mine is broken at the tip. Other than that, looks mint. Hopefully it arrives in one piece.
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Thanks so much for the compliments, B3 and Sanj;
it means ALOT coming from you guys; your builds are to an immaculate, exacting standard.

Sounds like you have a great plan, Sanjuro. You will immediately fall in love with your NS, STOCK. -I would consider it easily the most fun motorcycle I have ever ridden, honestly. (and I've owned a ton of big bikes, little bikes, and all in between)

Stock, the NS will top out around 62mph in 6th gear. It's not the fastest bike by any means, but it gets to 62 with some authority. The most FUN part is you are constantly shifting; up and down... No matter how fast you are going you feel like you're racing! Another fun-factor is it's a Honda; so there's no worry about "am I going to hurt it;" -it was designed to be revved to the moon and ridden hard. -it literally is a little Moto GP 2 stroker.

The engine has been around since 1986 - unchanged. I have done quite a bit of research and the AC08 / AC10 (jdm) engine is kinda like the old school Z50 engines; it's bulletproof.

The NS50F / NS50R / NS1 / NSR50 has had quite a following in all other countries, especially
in Japan where they are ridden hard day in, day out. The trans is super smooth as well.

The clutch perch and lever I have are made by Sunline. I will have to dig thru my receipts and see where I picked up the brake lever and perch...

I used a new 2004 NSR kill switch on the right clip-on, and a universal multi-switch on the left clip on to get rid of the factory brake and clutch perches.

If you are needing a factory brake lever, I'm thinking that they are still available from Honda. If ya need the part number let me know.

Definitely post up some pics as soon as your bike arrives home; I can't wait to see!

Later, jon :smile:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey Sanjuro, have you seen the Red Mole pipes for the NS? They are freaking beautiful...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... w1GNUHe46g

-j :smile:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Hey Sanjuro, have you seen the Red Mole pipes for the NS? They are freaking beautiful...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... w1GNUHe46g

-j :smile:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Sorry for that double posty....

I meant to ask you Sanj, -does your new NS have any of the optional Honda parts like the radiator shroud, lower engine shroud, upper visor cowl, or the tachometer?

When my buddy bought his NS, my friend who sold it to him included a new in bag Honda visor and lower engine shroud optional parts. I was notable to install them on his bike yet because we need to find the mounting brackets... Very cool parts ! He got a great deal; 800$ for the bike and shrouds.

-j

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Found one on CL, titled but never registered the owner says. Also says that its a fixer-upper. What kind of stuff should I look for? Plastics pretty impossible to find? What kinda price would you say something beat up would be worth?
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

z50r-ghost wrote:I meant to ask you Sanj, -does your new NS have any of the optional Honda parts like the radiator shroud, lower engine shroud, upper visor cowl, or the tachometer?
Nope, it's pretty much bone stock with the turn signals stored in a bag. Here's pics of the bike:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6087/610 ... 24f5_o.png

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6201/610 ... 8b09_o.png

The Red Mole pipe doesn't look as-good-as the Libra Pro, but I bet it's a screamer.
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Love the '80's graphics....All their Interceptors got the same paint job too.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Daaaam. Now THAT is mint. Very minty. Freaking 1 hour-later minty.
Awesome score dude... beautiful, just beautiful.

Yep, gotta love the "Miami Vice" graphics. I loved the 80s though...

-j

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

...an hour later and I still got that minty-fresh feeling. It's awesome to see a bike that's 20 years old and it looks showroom new. Shows that someone has really taken care of it!

-j

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Let's just hope it shows up showroom minty.

Jon, if your buddy has any parts like a NOS tank he wants to sell (long shot), I'm game.
motormike

Post by motormike »

......I tell you what, now....sanj gotcha one my-t-fine little moto-sifter there....What do you think, Boomhower?........Shucks, man....ummmma annna gonnna dang ole be sumpin'......yep............yep...(burp)...... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

If your offer still stands Vic, I need to find my way out to Texas to ride this thing!

* Dope!!! :werd: