Gyro - general thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

superscoot110
Noob
Noob

Re: Gyro - general thread

Post by superscoot110 »

MrSmith wrote:The Honda Stream, that's pretty awesome...

Anyway, I got some tires finally and now I have fatties on my Gyro. Some grinding needed to be done on the seam weld on the muffler. Will likely need more, it's still pretty tight.

And I haven't really ridden it much like this so I can't give a handling report yet...

Hello MrSmith, I am new to this forum, but to make a long story short, I ran across your gyro s build on the highdesertscooterist forum, and I have been searching for a source for wider rear wheels like you have on your gyro. I don't think I'm the only one who would be interested in what size rims / tires / adapters it took to fit those size wheels. I have been looking everywhere and I can't find wide rims that will fit a gyro stateside. If you could post where you sourced your parts from I would really appreciate it. :coolcruise:
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

superscoot110 wrote:Hello MrSmith, I am new to this forum, but to make a long story short, I ran across your gyro s build on the highdesertscooterist forum
Hi, I've been waiting for MrSmith to comment. It's a great looking Gyro, as well as the best concept drawing I've seen for Gyros. Hopefully, we will hear more from MrSmith and updates on the Gyro.

In our wiki, member Siggy fitted up some larger wheels/tires:
wiki topic link, Click Me!
gyromaniac
Spree
Spree

Post by gyromaniac »

The Portland, Indiana Cushman/Honda/any 2 wheeled vehicle meet is coming up. Anyone here going to be in attendance?
gyromaniac
Spree
Spree

Post by gyromaniac »

it is from july 20-26 as far as i know in good ol' city if portland, indiana.

we will be there with several of our gyro's. Hope to see some of the member's here at the show.
theoilman
Noob
Noob

Post by theoilman »

Hi all, im new to this forum and am glad i found it. It looks like a great group of people and a fantastic resource. I (currently) have 2- 1984 Gyro's, one of each color. I just got my blue one street legal and am having lot of fun with it. It pushes me around at 30-35 mph no problem. It does seem the clutches are slipping a bit when shifting but I will try the moderators advice and make sure I am running the correct oil.
If anyone else is from the great Pacific Northwest, let me know.
I am also looking for the Holy Grail parts that everyone else is, a red carb cover, a black rear bumper and a battery cover and strap. If anyone knows of any or all of these parts for sale, please let me know.
Thank you.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Wecome theoilman!
Good to have another here! Please post pics of your Gyros, we enjoy seeing them.

There is a seller here (See Wanted/For Sale) forum with some NN50 and TG50 parts. He's also on eBay, so you may have already seen his parts. There is currently a carb cover listed.

Battery cover and mounting strap shows you have the Gyro bug. I've never seen a battery mounting strap!
TwoFeathers
Noob
Noob

New guy needing help

Post by TwoFeathers »

Howdy I just got a 84 gyro nn50 basketcase and need some suggestions on good place to get parts.
First is the main resistor and throttle and brake cables.
I'm on the Oregon Coast and figure I'm going to have to do it all by mail.
Thx
TF
OMG! I'm soon to be the old fat guy on a red scooter!
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

1) You could make a list of parts you are looking for and post in our Wanted/For Sale forum.
2) eBay often has NN50 parts. There's a nice NOS Front brake cable right there :D
3) Noted in my previous post there is a member here who has Gyro parts - http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=26412
tomss
Noob
Noob

Post by tomss »

Hello there!
I am Gyro-x 2004. owner and have trouble finding a new battery for my scooter.
Could you tell me if it's 12v or 6v that's needed and how about Ah?
I can't seem to find battery that's small enough to place there. Sizes were like 7x9x12cm.
Could you tell me a model of a battery suitable for my Gyro X? I don't want to buy and then throw it away just because it's too big to fit in :(
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Could you tell me if it's 12v or 6v that's needed and how about Ah?
I can't seem to find battery that's small enough to place there. Sizes were like 7x9x12cm.
Have you searched the net with keywords "Honda NJ50 battery" ?a 12v 6 to 7 Ah hour battery is called out.
If the batteries below appear way off, you could check diemensions of the TG50 Gyro's battery - 12v 4 Ah.

Dimensions for a Varta 12v, 7 Ah: L: =113mm W: =70mm H: =105mm Link - Click me!

Dimensions for a Yuasa YYTZ7S 12V 6.0Ah: 13 x 70 x 105 cm Link - Click me!
tomss
Noob
Noob

Post by tomss »

Dimensions wise this looks like it will fit: http://www.budgetbatteries.co.uk/22157/ ... e-battery/ (4ah, 20ah burst for starter) . But would it be powerful enough to start my gyro X up?
Mustang Man
Noob
Noob

Post by Mustang Man »

Has anyone ever put knobbies on their Gyro? I just put a set on so I can take it in our garden. It looks pretty cool. Now if I could only find a Muffler stay so the dirt and debris doesn't get in the flywheel. I'd send pictures but, as always, I can't figure out to up load them.

As soon as I get the gas tank sealer and the gaskets for the exhaust pipe I be ready to try it out on the road (or yard).
MM
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

if anyone has it will be six66
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

You dont need real knobbies . Just go to Wallmart and get tractor tires in the auto dept. this is what the tread looks like
and goes great in dirt .Also they are quite inexpensive .
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 6.28.53 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 6.28.53 PM.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 6.24.13 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2014-01-08 at 6.24.13 PM.jpg (68.99 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

is this a gyro? I can't tell by the motor. :urban: is that you motormike? :surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGO2MRGesow
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ